alaska trip with kids-planning help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

alaska trip with kids-planning help

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2014, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
thanks-one more question-other nights in anc im booked at the hol inn express.
would the crowne plaza be better with kids or are they about the same?
(they are both same number of points for a free night)

thanks!
The CP is in a "better" area (although the section of Spenard that the HIX is in is fine and safe along with a bunch of other hotels and eateries and, as alphaeagle mentioned, a few parks and things). That said, there's not much else other than a couple of hotels in the CP area, so you'd need to drive anywhere to see/do anything with the kids.

As for the hotels themselves, the HIX is your typical cookie-cutter HIX--perfectly fine but nothing special. I've never been inside a room at the CP (only the lobby), but it's a bit newer than the HIX (although the HIX doesn't feel dated to me yet) and feels slightly more upscale. Ignoring the area around the hotels, I can't tell you which would be better with kids.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
very excited about our trip next week!!

last few questions:

is the alyeska hike to the top where the restaurant worth doing-or is that tough with kids?
we are keen to take the tram -and i see it is free if you book the restaurant,but that seems very pricey,also maybe difficult with kids..

near denali-is byers lake worth some time or not(hiking/kayaking/)

thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.