Reload this Page >

Alaska marks 100 years of aviation history

Old Feb 13, 2013, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels

nbcnews.com: Goodbye sled dogs, hello airplanes: Alaska marks 100 years of aviation history

Hi all,

I saw the news article and then dug a littl further...looks like a nice activity for aviation buffs...if you happen to be in Anchorage!

9 Feb - 11 Aug, 2013: The Anchorage Museum will host Arctic Flight, an exhibit dedicated to Alaska's aviation history.

Arctic Flight illustrates the state's early aviation history through artifacts including wreckage from the Will Rogers/Wiley Post crash of 1935, a military-issued electric flight jacket from World War II, and the exhibition's centerpiece, a 1920s Stearman C2B biplane.

This exhibition demonstrates how, in just 100 years, airplanes have evolved from frivolous spectacle to crucial part of the Alaska way of life.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.