Wiki Posts
Search

Shuttle Bus to Wonder lake / Kantishna on Sept 2

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Post Shuttle Bus to Wonder lake / Kantishna on Sept 2

Hi,

Would it be a good idea to take the shuttle bus to wonder lake / Kantishna next week? The weather forecasts that there will be rain in Denali and surrounding. Let me know your thoughts, Will it be worth to take the shuttle bus with $50 per adult to wonder lake. Or, shuttle till Eielson visitor center would do? I intend to spend two nights and one day in denali.

Thanks!

Last edited by mail4hemanthr; Aug 28, 2012 at 10:56 am Reason: update
Old Aug 28, 2012, 1:25 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
I would definitely book to Wonder Lake for several reasons.

1. The weather forecast is notoriously unpredictable, especially when your weather forecast is probably for the park entrance, not for three mountain passes over near Wonder Lake. In June we left the park entrance with rain and heavy fog. By the time we got to the Savage River checkpoint the fog was gone and the sun was coming out.

2. Fall colors should be incredible in early September. I would definitely book to Wonder Lake. If the weather is really bad you can always get off at Eielson and take another bus back (there is a dispatcher at Eielson so it is easy to get on a bus there). But if you only book to Eielson and want to upgrade to Wonder Lake, there are far fewer buses from Eielson to Wonder Lake so trying to get on one "standby" could be problematic.

Two nights will only get you into the park one full day. But it should be a great day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.