Video: Grizzly bear charges terrified tourists in Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2012, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels

Certainly not what you expect to happen....but this is part of visiting the wilderness!

A group of tourists in Alaska had a lucky escape after a grizzly bear charged while they were observing it.

The group of 10 people were on a trip at the Katmai National Park, Alaska, when the bear "bluff charged" in an apparent attempt to scare them away from its fishing spot.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 2:49 pm

Perhaps there was more to this than presented in the article, but the link provided didn't give me a video, just 2 pictures of a bear - one running and one standing calmly near a tourist - and the comment that the tourists were approached by a bear?!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Odd - the video was at the bottom, but I'm not sure I would have been freaked out...
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:38 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Someone sent me a link to the article just yesterday. Even though the story was apparently just published yesterday, it has to be an event from last summer.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Kind of a stupid article. Must be a slow news day. I've been bluff-charged at Brooks myself. It's not exactly an uncommon occurrence.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by Chugach
Kind of a stupid article. Must be a slow news day. I've been bluff-charged at Brooks myself. It's not exactly an uncommon occurrence.

Ah, but this was caught on video. So it's news, 'k?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.