Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Alaska
Reload this Page >

No availability to get tickets to Kantishna for our dates. We really want to go.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No availability to get tickets to Kantishna for our dates. We really want to go.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2011, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum; Alaska - MVP75; IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold

We really didn't plan in advance unfortunately.
The shuttle bus to Kantishna isn't available for our dates (7/3 or 7/4) and I think is all sold out online.
Any hope for us to get it at later point.
Though I made reservation to Wonderlake on 7/3 at 5:15 am (which is the only option or 10:15 am, which I think will be late), I am very interested to go to Kantishna.

Kindly advise me any tips/suggestions that worked for you.
Thanks.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 9:22 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Seems like you got a lot of great advice on Trip Advisor. Not sure why you are so interested in going to Kantishna - it is basically a lot of private land, a restored NPS historic cabin (locked, no entry) that takes 5 minutes to look at and read the signage, and an airstrip. The only reason I go to Kantishna now is because the 8am Wonder Lake Camper Bus goes through Kantishna to pick up backpackers and people at Skyline Lodge.

I actually think that the Kantishna shuttle being full is working in your favor. And that will give you more time to get off the bus and hike as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.