Wiki Posts
Search

AS 738 at PUW

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2009, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
AS 738 at PUW

Just a friendly heads up for any of our FT folks in Pullman, an AS 738 will be at PUW later tonight bringing the Wazzu football team back from L.A.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/A...719Z/KLAX/KPUW

Out of curiosity, is WSU using AS for charters this year? I think in the past it's usually been F9.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 10:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Chugach
Just a friendly heads up for any of our FT folks in Pullman, an AS 738 will be at PUW later tonight bringing the Wazzu football team back from L.A.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/A...719Z/KLAX/KPUW

Out of curiosity, is WSU using AS for charters this year? I think in the past it's usually been F9.

Glad to see WSU using AS (Not sure if its a long term thing or not)... sadly I'm not in PUW right now, but have a couple friends who will be woken by its engines tomorrow morning

Here was the outbound flight on a 73H! :

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/A...810Z/KPUW/KLAX

Go Cougs!
Old Sep 27, 2009, 12:19 am

Location: Vancouver (Not BC), WA (Not DC)...I'm in a PDX flight path.
Programs: Elite peon; MR Gold; HH Silver; BW Diamond (status match)
Originally Posted by beckoa

Glad to see WSU using AS (Not sure if its a long term thing or not)... sadly I'm not in PUW right now, but have a couple friends who will be woken by its engines tomorrow morning

Here was the outbound flight on a 73H! :

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/A...810Z/KPUW/KLAX

Go Cougs!
Sadly, we got our butts kicked by USC. Grrr...
Old Sep 27, 2009, 12:25 am

AS was able to get a 73H into PUW last year for the Huskies. I've been told that's the largest plane ever into PUW. Flying AS over F9 gives the Cougs 157 seats vs 136 on the 319. Plus F9 is flying with 6-9 fewer aircraft than this time last year and they may have something to do with it too. Then again, F9 flew in San Diego St. into PUW last weekend and F9 is currently flying Boise State back from Toledo.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 12:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by wsucougarchick05
Sadly, we got our butts kicked by USC. Grrr...
University of Spoiled Children?

meh -

At least they'll fly back on a nice A/C
Old Sep 27, 2009, 3:08 am

Programs: AS MVP, Elevate, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
There was an AS 739 charter from SEA-SJC on Friday as well (return flight Sat night).

Guess they gotta find something to do with those idle aircraft...

University of Spoiled Children?
Hey, I have family members who went there!

Last edited by EIPremier; Sep 27, 2009 at 3:14 am
Old Sep 27, 2009, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by EIPremier
There was an AS 739 charter from SEA-SJC on Friday as well (return flight Sat night).

Guess they gotta find something to do with those idle aircraft...
Cool to see they are picking up some charter biz... wonder what the process is to claim F for school chartered A/C? Wasn't so much an issue with the F9 A/C - speaking of F9 - perhaps their bankruptcy caused issues with charters...

Originally Posted by EIPremier
Hey, I have family members who went there!
[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry
Old Sep 27, 2009, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by n7371f
AS was able to get a 73H into PUW last year for the Huskies. I've been told that's the largest plane ever into PUW. Flying AS over F9 gives the Cougs 157 seats vs 136 on the 319. Plus F9 is flying with 6-9 fewer aircraft than this time last year and they may have something to do with it too. Then again, F9 flew in San Diego St. into PUW last weekend and F9 is currently flying Boise State back from Toledo.
I was going to say, a 73H would be quite a sight on that narrow runway and taxiway at PUW. Pullman's runway is only 100' wide; most commercial runways are 150' wide.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 2:29 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
AS has done quite a bit of charter business in the past....its just not very apparent.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 6:16 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Cool to see they are picking up some charter biz... wonder what the process is to claim F for school chartered A/C?
Usually it's coaches and captains up front (if there's room). At least that's how it works for the University of Arizona's charters. In the player's section in the back it's usually 2x to a row so not that bad.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 8:05 pm

Programs: Former AS MVPG-hopefully again when the economy rebounds, HHonors Gold, Starwood Gold
There has been bigger

Originally Posted by n7371f
Back in 1997 Paul Allen had his 757 flown in to PUW when he came over for a fraternity event. It was quite a site seeing a plane on the tarmac that was several times larger than the terminal. As I remember he had to get special FAA clearance to fly into that small of an airport (ie short and narrow runway)
Old Sep 28, 2009, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by reflyer
Back in 1997 Paul Allen had his 757 flown in to PUW when he came over for a fraternity event. It was quite a site seeing a plane on the tarmac that was several times larger than the terminal. As I remember he had to get special FAA clearance to fly into that small of an airport (ie short and narrow runway)
I think runway length is fine; Airnav lists it as about 6,700 feet, no problem at all for a 73G/73H or 752, but it's exceptionally narrow.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 1:36 am

wow

Originally Posted by reflyer
Now that would have been a cool sight! (and to score a flight on it out )
Old Sep 28, 2009, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by Chugach
I think runway length is fine; Airnav lists it as about 6,700 feet, no problem at all for a 73G/73H or 752, but it's exceptionally narrow.
I've seen the F9 airbus land and G4's MD80's... quite noisy flying over the campus...

I've even peddled the idea of flying AS into PUW on heavy days (ie- school breaks) as if the seats were cheap enough, it would fill up in no time-!

But IIRC, PUW just went under an upgrade so it is more capable of having larger A/C utilize it...
Old Sep 28, 2009, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
-!
What kind of a punctuation mark is that!?

Is that what they teach you at WSU?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.