Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weird 737-800 Seatmaps...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2009, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Weird 737-800 Seatmaps...

Okay so I was looking at the great $77 one way SEA-ATL fares, clicked to see the seatmap and noticed a weird front galley/lav combo, same with the rear of the aircraft... I have never seen a 738 seat map look like this, so I just searched for SEA-LAX around the same day on a 738 and the seatmap looked like normal. Picture included. SEA-ATL is at the top, LAX at the bottom with the map "key".

Old Sep 15, 2009, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I just checked my ATL-SEA and PDX-BOS in October and I get the seat map that matches your SEA-LAX. I was thinking one was the version with 2 lavs in back but it doesn't appear to be the case as that plane would include 30ABC
Old Sep 16, 2009, 9:31 pm

Total stab in the dark. Both seat maps are the same with 157 seats. There are (were) planes in the fleet with 160 seats, but are only seen close in to the flight when the specific airplane is assigned. Honolulu flights show the same seat map as your Atlanta flight. Other 737-800 show the other config. Since not all 737-800s have Hawaii capability (ETOPs?) could the Atlanta flight be scheduled with a Hawaii capable plane? They would have to schedule the the -800s as 2 separate fleets, and when they created the seat map, maybe they did it slightly differently. So is the lav/galley placement the difference in a Hawaii capable plane and a regular -800? Like I said, total stab.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
I'm guessing it's more of a glitchy HTML/CSS/whatever rendering issue than anything else.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 1:42 am

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
I am unaware of any plane in the fleet that actually has such a configuration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.