PDX gets a little more lovin'

Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

PDX gets a little more lovin'

So, looks like PDX-ORD is now for sale at www.alaskaair.com
not sure what date that service starts but there you go PDX friends, are you feeling the love yet? BOS, OGG, LGB (though it turns to QX soon) and now ORD nonstops. Enjoy.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:34 pm

When do they start? I'm so booking onto these.

I show that the flight number is AS686 outbound to PDX, AS687 inbound. Operated by a 737-700.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
So, looks like PDX-ORD is now for sale at www.alaskaair.com
not sure what date that service starts but there you go PDX friends, are you feeling the love yet? BOS, OGG, LGB (though it turns to QX soon) and now ORD nonstops. Enjoy.
Wow, that is sweet.

Looks like the timing is:
AS686 PDX ORD 1010 1600
AS687 ORD PDX 1645 1910
73G service

Not sure of the exact start date, but I see it around Thanksgiving time.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:44 pm

Looks like November 16th is the first available day to book.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 12:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
'Bout Time on PDX-ORD!

~Schweet! More connection options

Is L2B going to get a little crowded now or what
Old Aug 12, 2009, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beckoa
'Bout Time on PDX-ORD!

~Schweet! More connection options

Is L2B going to get a little crowded now or what
Not really. SEA-ORD goes to twice a day to accomodate the PDX flight and ANC-ORD goes to once daily, so still the same number of daily flights from ORD (4). Now there's a switch - SEA loses a flight at the expense of PDX. You PDX lovers must love that
Old Aug 12, 2009, 12:29 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
For those wondering which one went away...

Before:
SEA-ORD departs at 8:40a, 12:35p, 5:40p
ORD-SEA departs at 8:00a, 3:35p, 7:35p

After:
SEA-ORD departs at 8:35a, 12:35p
ORD-SEA departs at 3:35p, 7:35p
Old Aug 12, 2009, 12:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Not really. SEA-ORD goes to twice a day to accomodate the PDX flight and ANC-ORD goes to once daily, so still the same number of daily flights from ORD (4). Now there's a switch - SEA loses a flight at the expense of PDX. You PDX lovers must love that
Ah... well interesting-

What I meant by more connection options was from ANC...

ANC-ORD
ANC-SEA-ORD
ANC-PDX-ORD (New)
ANC-SEA-PDX-ORD (New)

Or for the crazy... ANC-ORD-PDX-SEA (Not an allowable routing... but for the crazy, can be forced for $$$ )

Old Aug 12, 2009, 2:57 am

And Here's the link at alaskaair.com
(Yes, I modified the URL with flyertalk... not sure if the website tracks that or not )

The text:
Originally Posted by alaskaair.com

Fly Nonstop Between Chicago and Portland
Introducing Daily Nonstop Service

Less is more with Alaska's new nonstop service between Chicago and Portland. Less time in the air, and more cash in your pocket with introductory fares as low as $99 each way.

Starting November 16, 2009, flights will depart Portland daily at 10:10 a.m. and arrive at Chicago O'Hare Airport at 4:00 p.m. Flights from Chicago will depart at 4:45 p.m. and arrive in Portland at 7:10 p.m.

To take advantage of these great rates, purchase a flight between Chicago and Portland by August 31, 2009, for travel between November 16, 2009, and January 31, 2010. Prices are subject to availability and blackout dates apply.

To celebrate this new nonstop service, we're also offering Double Miles for travel through January 10, 2010. Just make sure you register before taking your first flight.

Book now, seats are limited.
Between Chicago and Portland
Travel valid November 16, 2009 - January 31, 2010
$
one way

Fare Rules: Travel must be completed between November 16, 2009, and January 31, 2010. Tickets must be purchased within 24 hours of making your reservation. Travel must be via nonstop service. Blackout Dates of Nov. 20, 21, 25, 28-30, Dec. 18-21, 23, 26-28, 2009, and Jan. 2-4, 2010, apply. Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or all days. Charges apply to checked baggage. These fares may be purchased at alaskaair.com or horizonair.com provided the itinerary is no more than eight segments long (a ground segment constitutes one leg of your itinerary). These fares are non-refundable and are only available on Alaska Airlines and/or Horizon Air. Changes made through an Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air Reservation Call Center or Airport Ticket Counter incur a $100 per person change fee plus applicable fees and any difference in fare. Changes made at alaskaair.com incur a $75 per person change fee plus applicable fees and any difference in fare. Fares are subject to change without notice. Traveler is responsible for the following taxes and fees, as applicable: Airport Passenger Facility Charges of up to $9 (amount depends on itinerary), Federal Segment Tax of $3.60 per segment (take-off and landing), U.S. Security Fee of $2.50 per enplanement. All taxes and fees shown are based on one way travel and may be doubled if traveling round trip. All fares, taxes, and fees are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change without notice, and other restrictions apply. Some markets may not operate daily service.
AS also is offering Double RDM's on this route link:
Originally Posted by alaskaair.com
Double Miles Between Chicago and Portland
Celebrate Our New Nonstop Service

Alaska Airlines is excited to announce daily nonstop service between Chicago and Portland — beginning November 16, 2009.

To celebrate our connection of the Windy City and the City of Roses, we are offering Double Miles on all nonstop flights between Chicago and Portland through January 31, 2010.

To earn Double Miles, simply register your Mileage Plan™ number below prior to your first qualifying flight.

Not a member? Enroll online and earn 500 Bonus Miles.

Book your flight today.

Terms & Conditions:
Registration is required prior to your first qualifying flight in order to receive Double Miles. Double Miles valid only on qualifying paid flights between November 16, 2009, and January 31, 2010. Double Miles only valid on nonstop flights between Chicago and Portland. Flight miles must be credited to your Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan account in order to earn Double Miles. All travel must be completed by January 31, 2010. Not valid on free or award travel. Double Miles do not count toward MVP or MVP Gold status. Please allow four to six weeks for travel and Bonus Miles to be credited. All terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan program apply. Offer subject to change without notice.
Register now for this promotion
Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required.
Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan #:* My Programs
How did you hear about this offer? *
Old Aug 12, 2009, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
IS PDX-ORD-PDX not the same plane? I get a minimum connection time error when trying to price a milage run. it comes up as $99 each way. 45 minute turn around doesn't seem doable with all the delays at ORD
Old Aug 12, 2009, 6:53 am

Programs: Hilton Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
Absolutely. It's about time.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by WebTraveler
Absolutely. It's about time.
I'm sure that PDX-ORD won't last long...
Old Aug 12, 2009, 2:31 pm

Actually our internal website article about PDX-ORD says they are taking a flight away from PDX-DEN to use on this route. Makes sense because PDX-DEN is served with -700s as will this flight to ORD. SEA-ORD uses -800s and -900s. Sorry to burst PDX's bubble!
Old Aug 12, 2009, 10:10 pm

Programs: AS 100k, UA Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 402Fanatic
Actually our internal website article about PDX-ORD says they are taking a flight away from PDX-DEN to use on this route. Makes sense because PDX-DEN is served with -700s as will this flight to ORD. SEA-ORD uses -800s and -900s. Sorry to burst PDX's bubble!
I am flying DEN-PDX on an 800 tomorrow. So it is not all 700s.

Oh well, at least the Oregon Coast is FAR better than the Washington Coast ;-)
Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by DuckFlyer
I am flying DEN-PDX on an 800 tomorrow. So it is not all 700s.

Oh well, at least the Oregon Coast is FAR better than the Washington Coast ;-)
The schedule this fall will only be -700s.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.