Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updated Online Seatmaps

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2009, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Updated Online Seatmaps

? Maybe I'm crazy but the color of the seats on the seat map online @ alaskaair.com are now a darker blue for F and main "main" cabin and a lighter blue for MVP/Gold seats. There is also a front and a back label on the seatmap.

PROOF:

Old Jun 15, 2009, 10:08 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
yes, the seat map colors have changed.

As for your being crazy... I have no commentary
Old Jun 16, 2009, 12:47 am

Programs: AS, DL, QF, QX, AA, CO, WN
Almost black...looks pretty similar to the galleys now...I actually think the MVP squares deepened a shade or so instead of lightening. Maybe it's just the darkness of the other seats now that is throwing me off.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 11:05 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
I noticed the color changes as well
Old Jun 16, 2009, 11:36 am

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Instead of these cosmetic changes why isn't AS investing their IT $$ in something meaningful? There are two active threads right now discussing the shortcomings of the current systems. If one's status changes one must call to have their MP# deleted and re-entered in order to have their new status recognized. There is much debate over wether or not this action puts one at the bottom of the upgrade list. Additionally there is a complete lack of transparency at the airport when upgrades are being processed and many accusations of F seats being sold for $50-$150 to non-status passengers rather than given to elites who deserve them. In other threads there is the continual gripe that even minor schedule changes cause seat assignments to be dumped.

C'mon AS - get with the program! Literally! Take a look at CO's EUA system. Their EUAs run until 3 hours prior to departure and the whole process can be followed on the website and the mobile website. Additionally paid upgrades aren't sold until all elites on the upgrade waitlist have been cleared. I can speak from personal experience that even when there are equipment changes my seat assignment translates to the new aircraft.

Stop wasting money and resources on the "window dressing" and replace the windows already!

Rant over.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 12:05 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Thank you, armchair developer .

Do you also make a habit of walking up to women and asking why they color their hair when they really should lose 50 lbs?

It took 10 minutes worth of work to update the color changes to match our brand colors, whereas any changes involving the booking or upgrade process obviously require much more extensive research, development, and testing resources.

I'm not saying that those other things don't need attention.. and they are getting attention, but making those changes involve more than just as.com
Old Jun 16, 2009, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by missydarlin

Do you also make a habit of walking up to women and asking why they color their hair when they really should lose 50 lbs?
Now, THAT's funny! Thanks for the laugh Missy!
Old Jun 16, 2009, 12:54 pm

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold

It took 10 minutes worth of work to update the color changes to match our brand colors, whereas any changes involving the booking or upgrade process obviously require much more extensive research, development, and testing resources.

I'm not saying that those other things don't need attention.. and they are getting attention, but making those changes involve more than just as.com
It wasn't meant as a personal attack, Missy. Please don't take it as such.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 3:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

...update the color changes to match our brand colors...

Was wondering why they'd be initiating the change... makes sense ^

Mahalo~

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.