Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2009, 7:35 pm

That's great news! I hope the routes are supported! ^
Old May 6, 2009, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by robertlaird
Second the request for a BR in OAK
There are no airlines currently speaking with OAK about any sort of airline lounge - heard from a reliable-ish source today (not AS source).
Old May 6, 2009, 8:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold AA DL
The should make OAK nicer and gice SFO a run for the money.

I used to live in the Bay Area way easier to get in and out of OAK
Old May 6, 2009, 8:32 pm

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
As much as I'd like a Board Room at OAK, with AA and Continental leaving and DL only having a couple flights of flights there a day, I don't see a need for one there. I'm just happy to get some additional Eskimo faces on the tails at OAK. I definitely plan on flying the new routes out of OAK. BTW, I just noticed there was a lot of "North of Expected" signage outside of Terminal 2 at OAK. I think Alaska is going after some of the SW crowd that have been flying WN to SEA and PDX. Hopefully, they do a marketing program in the Bay Area to get people to fly Alaska and get an Alaska Visa. I would like to see Alaska protect it's turf at SEA and PDX and bring back the 737s on the OAK-PDX route.
Old May 6, 2009, 8:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I'm stoked about Houston finally coming online. I was more than a little surprised they announced AUS before IAH, but regardless it is nice to finally see it happen. I think there is definitely room for AS in the SEA-IAH market; every CO flight I've taken on SEA-IAH-SEA is packed to the gills. It'll be nice to have the option of taking AS, even if it's only one flight a day.

I'm assuming they'll use terminal A at IAH.
Old May 6, 2009, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Soon Alaska is gonna take over the Hawaii market putting Hawaiian Air to shame.
Old May 6, 2009, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Chugach
I'm stoked about Houston finally coming online. I was more than a little surprised they announced AUS before IAH, but regardless it is nice to finally see it happen. I think there is definitely room for AS in the SEA-IAH market; every CO flight I've taken on SEA-IAH-SEA is packed to the gills. It'll be nice to have the option of taking AS, even if it's only one flight a day.

I'm assuming they'll use terminal A at IAH.
I'm actually quite surprised they're not IAH-SEA-ANC same plane service. A lot of oil money travels between Houston and Alaska.
Old May 6, 2009, 10:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold AA DL
Originally Posted by slippahs

That would be ok with me, go AS
Old May 6, 2009, 10:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by slippahs
Hmm... maybe LAS-Hawaii is upcoming then

Isn't this the #1 destination of kama`aina? Could be an interesting route for AS ^
Old May 6, 2009, 10:59 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Glad to see ATL finally ...

would like to see DTW or PIT. DTW in conjunction with NWA/DL regional service could be a great arrangement if planned similar to AE in ORD.
Old May 6, 2009, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by beckoa

Isn't this the #1 destination of kama`aina? Could be an interesting route for AS ^
Rumor was NW was tinkering with a LAS-HNL N/S a few years back. Seeing how HA has increased its flights to 3x daily, perhaps the route is saturated now. Who knows? But it'd be nice to see some competition on this route to bring down the N/S HA price.
Old May 6, 2009, 11:02 pm

THRILLED!!! ^ ^

(to say the least)

Wonderful news.
Old May 6, 2009, 11:19 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by CZBB
I'm actually quite surprised they're not IAH-SEA-ANC same plane service. A lot of oil money travels between Houston and Alaska.
Give it a little time. That makes a lot of sense (cents).
Old May 6, 2009, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

OAK-LIH also seems like it'd work...

Now that OAK is being developed for more markets, any BR chance there?

As for future expansion... PA is on my short list (PIT or PHL) for new cities...

OAK has lost over 1/2 of it's service in the last year. The addition of one daily flight is still leaving it far behind what it was last year at this time. It's probably not an indication of big things to come. I wouldn't really count on a boardroom there. That said, I don't know what goes on behind the planners doors.
Old May 7, 2009, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas

I doubt it - however, LAS/OAK/Various hawaiian destinations was a popular routing on AQ for awhile. I'd imagine LAS is weight restricted due to heat part of the year, and if the 738 tank ain't full, it probably can't go to Hawaii.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.