FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   How long does it take for AA miles to post to Mileage Plan? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/932671-how-long-does-take-aa-miles-post-mileage-plan.html)

MileageAddict Mar 16, 2009 9:25 am

How long does it take for AA miles to post to Mileage Plan?

I just completed a domestic AA itinerary and my AS MP account number is displayed on my boarding passes.

Timeframe for miles to post?

COS flyer Mar 16, 2009 9:38 am

American seems to be the slowest. It usually takes a week or just a touch longer. Delta seems to be the fastest sometimes beating Alaska postings.

beckoa Mar 16, 2009 10:44 am

I had to mail in some boarding passes last month for flights that weren't posting from January... and they were AS codeshares on AA metal...

But all is well now (although they posted as the AS codeshare flight # vs. AA flight #)

LGACIC Mar 16, 2009 11:17 am

I've had problems with my last two AA itineraries posting, as well as my last NW flight! AA itinerary from mid February still hasn't shown up, so it looks like I'll be mailing in.

tonei Mar 16, 2009 12:54 pm

Virtually every time I fly AA, I have to mail in the boarding passes. I had a flight at the end of January that still hasn't posted; I sent an email to Mileage Plan this weekend.

golfingboy Mar 17, 2009 12:20 am

I flew on American several times in the past, and normally take a little over a week for the miles to post. I had to send my BP for AA once and KLM once and the fastest way to get those flights posted is by faxing in your BP. When I did that [once for AA and once for KLM], those flights were posted within two days, probably a little less.

mthoodfan Mar 19, 2009 8:32 am

I took a trip on AA over Presidents' Day Weekend in mid-February that didn't post. I finally sent in my boarding passes on Monday and they posted Wednesday. AA seems the worst for posting automatically--at least in my experience.

MileageAddict Mar 19, 2009 10:28 am

My AA flights from last Thursday and Saturday posted overnight. ^

trojanman Apr 7, 2009 7:27 pm

Travel on 4/4 posted on 4/7, but no DBEQM posted yet.

sigueugis Apr 7, 2009 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by trojanman (Post 11545131)
Travel on 4/4 posted on 4/7, but no DBEQM posted yet.

I have had to mail in my past three flights to get credit. Perhaps AS never received the Feb and March data feeds.

ANC Apr 7, 2009 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by MileageAddict (Post 11421185)
I just completed a domestic AA itinerary and my AS MP account number is displayed on my boarding passes.

Timeframe for miles to post?

a week for me although I have heard of it having to be manually submitted. I think an AS code might help. One of my 2 segments actually said Alaska airlines ORD to PHL although it still fell into partner miles. The other one actually posted as american airlines PHL to ORD

brarrr Apr 7, 2009 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by sigueugis (Post 11545307)
I have had to mail in my past three flights to get credit. Perhaps AS never received the Feb and March data feeds.

my AA flights on 2/15, 2/16, 2/24 all posted w/in two weeks of the date of flight.

CDKing Apr 8, 2009 5:01 pm

Not sure about flights on AA metal but my code share flight on 4/2/09 booked through AA and flown on AS posted today 4/8/09

Single_Flyer May 25, 2015 12:03 am

Anyone have an updated experience about how long it takes miles flown on AA but credited to AS Mileage Plan to post in your Alaska account?

beckoa May 25, 2015 3:09 am

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer (Post 24864761)
Anyone have an updated experience about how long it takes miles flown on AA but credited to AS Mileage Plan to post in your Alaska account?

My last flight was under 24 hours ^

This was from two weeks ago.