Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Possible contract settlement for AS pilots

Old Mar 7, 2009, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM (NW+DL) FI Gold

I just ran across this, and thought I'd post it, as it sounds like good news.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/090307/20090...rsonal-finance
Old Mar 7, 2009, 6:15 pm
Suspended

This is very good news. ^
Old Mar 7, 2009, 7:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I hope all parties agree get something from the arrangement.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 8:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Elevate, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
Keep in mind, "agreement in concept" means they haven't finalized the language. Once the contract language has been approved by union reps, they'll have a tentative agreement. Once they have a tentative agreement, it has to be ratified by union vote. I wonder if the company is attempting to quell rumours spread to passengers about a strike by issuing this press release. In the past, I don't recall a PR going out until they actually had a tentative agreement.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by EIPremier
.... I wonder if the company is attempting to quell rumours spread to passengers about a strike by issuing this press release......
This is an ALPA PR, not an AS PR.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 3:08 am

Programs: AS MVP, Elevate, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by dgwright99
This is an ALPA PR, not an AS PR.
Well, it was also a press release on the Alaska website.

http://www.alaskasworld.com/newsroom...307_085024.asp

(even though it says Alaskasworld, it's from the alaska air site).
Old Mar 12, 2009, 11:06 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
It may be unusual but after two years of talking there is in fact a TA. Yes for the technically minded it is an AIC until the ALPA leadership votes to make it a TA, but it wouldn't be an AIC unless they agreed with it. Pilots are expecting a review of the agreement in the next week or so and a vote within the month. Both Alaska and ALPA put news blips out on this.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by AlaskaCoho
It may be unusual but after two years of talking there is in fact a TA. Yes for the technically minded it is an AIC until the ALPA leadership votes to make it a TA, but it wouldn't be an AIC unless they agreed with it. Pilots are expecting a review of the agreement in the next week or so and a vote within the month. Both Alaska and ALPA put news blips out on this.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, AlaskaCoho!

Great to have another AS employee poster on the board! We do sincerely love and appreciate you guys and your contributions.

As you get involved (and please do stay around!), you'll find that we (especially those of us on the Alaska Airlines forum) are a very congenial and sociable bunch, and we host several get-togethers each year, ranging from the small "I'll be in town Sunday and would love to go out for drinks with a couple folks" to giant parties with 40-50 people that last a whole weekend (missydarlin's famous "SEA DOO" bash happens right in our own back yard and is hosted by one of your fellow AS employees). Postings of such events are usually found in the CommunityBuzz subforum of FlyerTalk, but sometimes they're mentioned here in the AS forum (and sometimes in places like my signature listed below).

Again, welcome and we hope you find value in reading and contributing to our forum!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:03 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Thanks for the warm welcome. I would be happy to field technical questions about aircraft, mechanical delays, flight operations, and flying jets.

I have taken the bait on a few political "union" type questions in the past but am gonna try resist in the future. But ya just never know.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Great! Thanks for the offer!

FlyerTalkers love pilot posters. Just look at the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-q-thread.html. In its relatively young life, it's already hit 2,120 posts (though it's slowed down a bunch in recent weeks). Probably most of the dumb questions have already been answered there, so hopefully us AS flyers can ask you only the intelligent questions!

Don't worry...the UA pilot posters were far more vocal than you about the union-type questions they were asked (both in that thread as well as other threads, primarily the one discussing United's "Channel 9" feature). You're pretty mild in comparison! (And your input on that subject is always valuable, even if some people disagree with you.)

I may, when I have a minute to think, be posting a question about some of the RNP features on AS aircraft, so be looking for that!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.