Old Jan 29, 2009, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Air
V Australia New Partner?

Anybody here have any insight into this tidbit on V Australia's web page:
Partner Airlines
Name Description
Alaska Airlines

Alaska Airlines, Inc., an Alaska corporation founded in 1932, is noted for its award-winning customer service. It provides scheduled air service to 38 cities in Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, and British Columbia, plus Chicago and five destinations in Mexico. Its major hubs are Anchorage, Seattle, Portland, and Los Angeles.

Visit the Alaska Airlines website
Here's the link to see for yourself. What I've cut and pasted is the extent of it. Originally alerted to it on the V Australia thread from earlier this year.

http://www.vaustralia.com/about-us/o...ners/index.htm
Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:41 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
WOW interesting. I guess maybe if you cant beat the big red V try and join them....in Australia? Thats strange though because AS doesnt recognize this on their site. Is it maybe a 1 sided partnership
Old Jan 29, 2009, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
They might be sharing the T3 lounge, since the combined VX/VA/VS one isn't going to be happening anytime soon.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 2:46 am

Programs: AS MVPG, PC Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold
I think it's especially interesting since DL will start LAX-SYD soon. That would give 3 ways to get down under (1 with EQMs).
Old Jan 30, 2009, 3:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Ok... now I am confused...

Can QF and VA both be partners with AS... or like mentioned previously... a one-sided partnership?

No mention of VA on AS' partner airlines page...
Old Jan 31, 2009, 7:18 am

Programs: AS, BA, VX, AA
Originally Posted by wildway
Partner Airlines
Name Description
Alaska Airlines

Alaska Airlines, Inc., an Alaska corporation founded in 1932, is noted for its award-winning customer service. It provides scheduled air service to 38 cities in Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, and British Columbia, plus Chicago and five destinations in Mexico. Its major hubs are Anchorage, Seattle, Portland, and Los Angeles.

Here's the link to see for yourself. What I've cut and pasted is the extent of it. Originally alerted to it on the V Australia thread from earlier this year.

Funnily enough I had heard a rumour from someone that some of our next destinations were going to be 'out that way'. Australia, New Zealand and then possibly in the direction of the Marshall Islands and that way.

Originally Posted by beckoa
Ok... now I am confused...

Can QF and VA both be partners with AS... or like mentioned previously... a one-sided partnership?

No mention of VA on AS' partner airlines page...
Partners sure, one sided? I dont think so.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 10:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by kaceyellis
Funnily enough I had heard a rumour from someone that some of our next destinations were going to be 'out that way'. Australia, New Zealand and then possibly in the direction of the Marshall Islands and that way.

I know there are some partners that allow earning but not redemption with AS (QF I think is in this group- ie- they can earn miles flying AS, but can't redeem for an AS itin... - IIRC of course...)

I figured if an airline wanted to, they could 'partner' with AS, by allowing redemption with AS but not 'officially' being a partner, if they paid AS for the ticket (for the market rate - not exchanging travel... but cash...)

But I really have no idea
Old Jan 31, 2009, 10:23 am

Programs: Nw Plat, Delta Dirt, Safeway Club Card, CVS Extra Care Card
hmmm...seems to be a feeder arrangement....as city-------> lax v to australia----> virgin blue
Old Jan 31, 2009, 3:05 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue

well in a way CO and AS is a one sided thing as far as miles go. CO flyers get EQM for their travel on AS metal where as AS MP members dont earn EQM on CO. Of course its possible it will soon be a moot point with CO
Old Jan 31, 2009, 5:33 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
What about the Mokulele/Alaska partnership? MP members get miles for flying on Mokulele, but Ali'i members don't get any special perks for flying AS. Somewhat different, but still sort of one sided.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by wildway
Partner Airlines
Name Description
Alaska Airlines

Virgin Australia is not a partner of AS. We set up special prorate fare agreements with nearly all international airlines to facilitate ease in booking on the international side (mainly through travel agencies). That's about as far as these relationships go. No codeshare, no MP partnership. It's odd that V Australia is even promoting this.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 3:04 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Originally Posted by RASMguy
No codeshare, no MP partnership. It's odd that V Australia is even promoting this.
They are promoting it as they don't have any other interline partners in the USA!
Old Feb 2, 2009, 3:42 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by RASMguy
Virgin Australia is not a partner of AS. We set up special prorate fare agreements with nearly all international airlines to facilitate ease in booking on the international side (mainly through travel agencies). That's about as far as these relationships go. No codeshare, no MP partnership. It's odd that V Australia is even promoting this.
Hmm, so there goes my hoping of that new city announcement being SYD, with non-stop service on Alaska's new 787 (also going to be announced soon) from ANC

Old Feb 2, 2009, 7:23 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Originally Posted by alphaeagle
Hmm, so there goes my hoping of that new city announcement being SYD, with non-stop service on Alaska's new 787 (also going to be announced soon) from ANC
Well you got most of that right, except it's going to be A380 service EAT-SYD.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 9:55 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by BLI-Flyer
Well you got most of that right, except it's going to be A380 service EAT-SYD.
feh no. SYD fees are too high. EAT-HBA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.