Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bulkhead seat legroom in F (737-800)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2009, 10:58 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
I actually prefer the bulkhead seats. I'm 6'2 and don't have a huge issue. It does get a little cramped after a few hours, but on long flights I try and move around every few hours. It's easy to get up and use the lav without disturbing the person next to me, nobody reclines into my laptop and so on.

I actually find the seats on the NGs to be a lot more comfortable than the 737-400s. Nothing, however, was as comfortable as those MD-80 F seats.

Originally Posted by HRHCyndy
I haven't been on an AS 737-800, but haven't yet experienced this on a boeing. I've come across the curtain divider on an Airbus with AF and LA. My question is: is row four really that bothersome on this flight??
Nah (to me, at least). You don't have the problem with limited recline like you have on the 737-400 in row three. That wall stops the seat from reclining all the way. The only trouble comes if there's a screaming kid in row 6.
Old May 22, 2009, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
When it is safe to move from 1C to 2C? My flight leaves tomorrow evening and the seat is still empty.
Old May 22, 2009, 8:58 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by CDKing
When it is safe to move from 1C to 2C? My flight leaves tomorrow evening and the seat is still empty.
I usually take 2D/2C whenever it is available and never worry about being bumped by an air marshal. It hasn't happened to me yet, and they are the best seats in F -- the most leg room in any F row (that isn't row 4) and aisle seats. And unlike row 4, there's no chance row 2 will disappear if there's an equipment change.

Of course, your comfort level with that approach may vary. I would hope AS would take care of any pax so moved by an air marshal to ensure they'd get a seat in F if they booked it earlier than others. I don't know the policy specifically for those displaced by air marshals. But generally it's the last upgraded are the first to be moved to coach if there are any other irregularities with seating availability in F.

As a side note, I'm 6'4" and have no trouble with leg room in row 1, specifically 1D and 1C on the 737-800. Both (despite what SeatGuru says) have slightly more leg room than 1A and 1F because the seat extends slightly past the bulkhead on both sides of the aisle, making it easier to stretch your legs. And, as others have noted, it's nice in row 1 not having the person in front of you slam their seat back into whatever you're reading or viewing. Even in F, that's an issue.
Old May 23, 2009, 12:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0)

I too would be in 2C/D... Would be better IMHO (despite the margial risk in 2C/D dissapering )
Row 1 just doesn't really work for me- not enough legroom...
I also have not seen my seats disappear that I have paid attention to...
Old May 23, 2009, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
As a side note, I'm 6'4" and have no trouble with leg room in row 1, specifically 1D and 1C on the 737-800. Both (despite what SeatGuru says) have slightly more leg room than 1A and 1F because the seat extends slightly past the bulkhead on both sides of the aisle, making it easier to stretch your legs.
I'm 6' and have been in 1D a few times and 1F once and dont have a problem. My legs get restless even on exit row window of A319 which is similar to 737-700.

I've always wondered what the priority is for getting re assigned in F for the special visitor or equipment swap. I'm the last to be upgraded prior to seats being sold. Only 8 were filled after I received my upgrade
Old May 24, 2009, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.8))

I was fine with 2C. we even ended up leaving with 1 seat open. it actually worked out great because a couple ended up sitting together in 1AC. odd thing was the overhead bins in F were half empty
Old May 25, 2009, 3:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.8))

I was fine with 2C. we even ended up leaving with 1 seat open. it actually worked out great because a couple ended up sitting together in 1AC. odd thing was the overhead bins in F were half empty
Either lots of checked luggage or MR'ers
Old Jul 26, 2010, 11:33 am

Thumbs up

I just flew from Seattle to Cleveland in 1A on a 738, and while I couldn't lock my legs straight like I can do in rows 2-5, I was able to work better in 1A than I've ever been able to before. You're about as isolated as one can get on a 738; 1A has a plus for each minus.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
--deleted--

Last edited by Bago'peanuts; Apr 25, 2018 at 12:58 pm Reason: posted in wrong forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.