Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Standby Rules on Alaska flight with AA codeshare?

Old Jan 19, 09, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt, Hertz President's Circle, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold

Hello my friends,
I am flying on an itinerary that takes me from PDX-LAX on an Alaska Airlines flight that is an AA codeshare. I am usually a flier of AA so am familiar with their rules (and asked on that board but was directed rather here) on standby but am unfamiliar with Alaska's rules. Is there a fee for standby? Will my AA status help me at all? Many thanks
Rupesh
Old Jan 19, 09, 11:31 am

Same day standby, no charge. Same day confirmed, $25. AA status = zip, except that you can board with partner elites. Enjoy your flight, I think you'll like it, plus you'll have a much shorter walk at PDX than from the AA gates!
Old Jan 19, 09, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt, Hertz President's Circle, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold
Originally Posted by johnp012001 View Post
Same day standby, no charge. Same day confirmed, $25. AA status = zip, except that you can board with partner elites. Enjoy your flight, I think you'll like it, plus you'll have a much shorter walk at PDX than from the AA gates!
Many thanks for the answers. Is there any way to call or go on the internet to check availability of same day standby?
Old Jan 19, 09, 1:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by family friend View Post
Many thanks for the answers. Is there any way to call or go on the internet to check availability of same day standby?
Can check during OLCI on alaskaair.com (If checked in from a prior AA flight, one can still do this, but you need the AS PNR)
Old Jan 19, 09, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
Can check during OLCI on alaskaair.com (If checked in from a prior AA flight, one can still do this, but you need the AS PNR)
How is it that I can get the Alaska Airways PNR? I have my American Airlines PNR and purchased itinerary (one leg on Alaska) from aa.com. I attempted on alaskaair.com to get information but could not do it on my own. Many apologies.
Old Jan 19, 09, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ethang801 View Post
How is it that I can get the Alaska Airways PNR?
Call AA and ask for it.
Old Jan 22, 09, 12:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
How is it that I can get the Alaska Airways PNR? I have my American Airlines PNR and purchased itinerary (one leg on Alaska) from aa.com. I attempted on alaskaair.com to get information but could not do it on my own. Many apologies.
Originally Posted by 3Cforme View Post
Call AA and ask for it.
Call AS...

The reverse situation did not work for me... had AS booked AS coded AA operated flight, tried getting AS agents to bring up the AA PNR... nope-

Sent an email to AA res and had a response with the AA PNR in a day...

It may be helpful to know your flight # & dates (as this is one way AS can look this up)
Old Jan 22, 09, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
Call AS...

The reverse situation did not work for me... had AS booked AS coded AA operated flight, tried getting AS agents to bring up the AA PNR... nope-

Sent an email to AA res and had a response with the AA PNR in a day...

It may be helpful to know your flight # & dates (as this is one way AS can look this up)
I have called American Airlines and they were helpful in getting me the PNR for my Alaska Airlines flight. An interesting note, however is that my itinerary has 5 segments, 3 on the trip to Portland and 2 on the trip returning from Portland. However, on the Alaska site it only lists 3 of these flights. Is this strange?
Old Jan 22, 09, 10:02 am

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I have called American Airlines and they were helpful in getting me the PNR for my Alaska Airlines flight. An interesting note, however is that my itinerary has 5 segments, 3 on the trip to Portland and 2 on the trip returning from Portland. However, on the Alaska site it only lists 3 of these flights. Is this strange?
Are you looking at the PNR for AS? If you also have flights on AA metal, the segments may only show up on their PNR. I am thinking there might be two different PNRs hence the difference in the # of segments.
Old Jan 22, 09, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Duckouttahere View Post
Are you looking at the PNR for AS? If you also have flights on AA metal, the segments may only show up on their PNR. I am thinking there might be two different PNRs hence the difference in the # of segments.
My itinerary is as follows: BOS-LGA-DFW-PDX-LAX-BOS

On my AA PNR it shows BOS-LGA-DFW-PDX-LAX-BOS
On my Alaska PNR it shows DFW-PDX-LAX-BOS

All are on AA metal except for the PDX-LAX flight. I am not concerned about this, merely curious.
Old Jan 22, 09, 3:02 pm

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
My itinerary is as follows: BOS-LGA-DFW-PDX-LAX-BOS

On my AA PNR it shows BOS-LGA-DFW-PDX-LAX-BOS
On my Alaska PNR it shows DFW-PDX-LAX-BOS

All are on AA metal except for the PDX-LAX flight. I am not concerned about this, merely curious.
It could be that Alaska doesn't codeshare with the BOS-LGA-DFW routes whereas the other routes might be listed as codeshare. I think if you go to flightstats.com you can enter the flight #'s and find exactly who codeshares with that airline.

That's all if you care...
Old Jan 22, 09, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Duckouttahere View Post
It could be that Alaska doesn't codeshare with the BOS-LGA-DFW routes whereas the other routes might be listed as codeshare. I think if you go to flightstats.com you can enter the flight #'s and find exactly who codeshares with that airline.

That's all if you care...
Yes, yes I care very much. I find this type of information quite fascinating. This answer makes very much sense, I will check the website you mentioned.
Old Jan 22, 09, 7:47 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
How is it that I can get the Alaska Airways PNR?
Old Jan 23, 09, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by ANC View Post
D'OH!!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: