Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connection Flight to Partner Gateway

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2008, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Connection Flight to Partner Gateway

Hi all, I'm doing some planning for an upcoming trip to Japan and have a few questions- information on partner awards seems to be harder to come by.

First off, the Alaska site says that
For members redeeming an award on a partner airline, connecting travel will be provided by Alaska Airlines or Horizon Air to the nearest gateway city of the airline partner at no additional charge. Connecting flights should be requested and reserved at the time the award travel is booked and ticketed. Travel is for connection purposes only and subject to availability.
Is it possible to do a layover on this connecting flight? Specifically I want to do BIL-PDX (layover)-NRT-BIL. The BIL-PDX sections would be on Horizon, trans-pacific on Northwest. Also, how much leeway is there on the "nearest gateway city" part? Seattle is about 10 miles closer to Billings then Portland is, but I really would like to fly out of Portland. Any chance the partner desk will let me fly out of Portland?

Finally a more general question, how is availability on Northwest these days booking via Alaska versus booking it directly using Northwest miles? Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Dynastar; Nov 17, 2008 at 1:24 am
Old Nov 17, 2008, 1:21 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Probably on the stopover - that is most likely dictated by the agreement they have with the partner. Generally, one stopover or one open jaw is allowed on a r/t award reservations.

As for PDX vs. SEA - as long as award space were available via PDX, I can't imagine it would be a problem, and they'd likely work with you on routing you as you requested.

NWA availability? I have no idea.

Best advice - call the partner desk! They are AMAZINGLY helpful over there.

Hope that helps!
RED-EYE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.