Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Partner lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2008, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Guess who's sitting in the JFK crown room on a BR pass? ;-)

I started out with "I heard a rumor", and they said yes. The system was apparently just set up to accept them and were happy "it worked". They were interested in me having a DL boarding pass .. Which I do.

The only catch: we do not get wifi due to some technicality. I was refused a wifi access card unless I was flying intl business.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 9:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by maokh
Guess who's sitting in the JFK crown room on a BR pass? ;-)

I started out with "I heard a rumor", and they said yes. The system was apparently just set up to accept them and were happy "it worked". They were interested in me having a DL boarding pass .. Which I do.

The only catch: we do not get wifi due to some technicality. I was refused a wifi access card unless I was flying intl business.
Glad to hear that it worked! ^

No wifi is something that must change
Old Nov 29, 2008, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maokh
I think DL doesn't give free WiFi to anyone except its own Crown Room members and maybe international business class pax. I have used many CR's with my Continental membership and have always had to use my corporate iPass account to access the Internet.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 6:58 pm

Programs: HH Gold; Fairmont Platinum; SPG Platinum
Honolulu Continental lounge access

relatively new Alaska Air flyer and searched but couldn't confirm answer to this question ... can I access the Continental lounge in Honolulu when travelling in First (F) on Alaska Air metal?

thanks
Old Mar 2, 2009, 7:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by davvos
relatively new Alaska Air flyer and searched but couldn't confirm answer to this question ... can I access the Continental lounge in Honolulu when travelling in First (F) on Alaska Air metal?

thanks
Only with a boardroom membership

Complimentary access to the BR's is granted with paid F class ticket or A (award) space... but only in AS operated BR's... so depending on which AS flight you are on from HNL... you can use the BR in ANC or SEA if its still open upon arrival.

Have a great flight though!
Old Mar 3, 2009, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Only with a boardroom membership

Complimentary access to the BR's is granted with paid F class ticket or A (award) space... but only in AS operated BR's... so depending on which AS flight you are on from HNL... you can use the BR in ANC or SEA if its still open upon arrival.

Have a great flight though!
thanks Beckoa,
Old Mar 4, 2009, 10:29 pm

All DL & NW lounges available are now for our use :D

So for the original OP... we got the answer 5 months later...
Originally Posted by alaskaair.com
Alaska Airlines Boardroom Locations

Delta Air Lines Crown Room Clubs/Northwest Airlines WorldClubs®

Board Room members with same day travel on Delta Air Lines or Northwest Airlines have access to all Crown Room or Worldclub locations. Two guests or spouse and children under 21 may accompany the member.

Board Room members with same day travel on Alaska Airlines have access to the Delta Crown Rooms and Northwest Worldclub locations excluding guest privileges.
Atlanta (8)
Boston
Chicago - O'Hare
Cincinnati (2)
Dallas / Fort Worth
Detroit (4)
Fort Lauderdale
Frankfurt, Germany
Honolulu
Jacksonville
Los Angeles - LAX
Manila
Memphis
Miami
Milwaukee
Minneapolis (2)
Munich, Germany
Nashville
New Orleans
New York - JFK
New York - LaGuardia
New York - Newark
Orlando
Philadelphia
Portland
Raleigh / Durham
Salt Lake City
Santiago, Chile
San Diego
San Francisco
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Seattle
Tampa
Tokyo - Narita, Japan
Washington, D.C. - Dulles
Washington, D.C. - Reagan
West Palm Beach
Would of liked to see CO's partnership mirrored, with full guest privileges extended if flying AS or CO...

But nice to see this - will try to get in MIA's...
Old Mar 5, 2009, 7:15 am

So for the original OP... we got the answer 5 months later...

Would of liked to see CO's partnership mirrored, with full guest privileges extended if flying AS or CO...

But nice to see this - will try to get in MIA's...
Just a quick add-on - we did get Continental access in Honolulu earlier this week with just the F ticket on AS flight.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 11:18 am
Original Poster

The lounge access is becoming quite valuable. especially compared to their "competitor's" identical products.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 11:21 am

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Originally Posted by davvos
Just a quick add-on - we did get Continental access in Honolulu earlier this week with just the F ticket on AS flight.
YMMV!
Old Mar 16, 2009, 8:36 pm

Did the SEA trifecta last Sunday March 8th...

CO PC almost refused my entry when they looked over at their sign saying that no one could enter if they were born on this day in 1987. After I explained to the concierge that per the math, I was 21, I was granted access. They did require a BP.

@ NW WC I showed them my BR card and boarding pass and was granted access. They did inquire on my flight # though... Its a nice club with a spacious view of the tarmac from the S terminal. They are about to begin a remodel scheduled to be completed by September or so, adding a second level going up... Glad to have access to the WC's when flying AS now ^

I did not have enough time to try the MIA DL CR however... (was with 3 other people)... it would be very nice to get access to the lounge they have in the terminal AS uses, currently F. (Club America is its name)
Old Mar 17, 2009, 1:24 am
Original Poster

@ NW WC I showed them my BR card and boarding pass and was granted access. They did inquire on my flight # though... Its a nice club with a spacious view of the tarmac from the S terminal. They are about to begin a remodel scheduled to be completed by September or so, adding a second level going up... Glad to have access to the WC's when flying AS now
ooo! remodel! The other really good thing about the NW WC is that its open until 12:30am. And while service around midnight can be limited (the guy who works the receptionist position also works the bar), its pretty dead in there around that time..
Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:28 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100K, DL DM, UA Gold, & Marriott Ambassador
With Delta moving from T3 to T2 at ORD this Autumn, are we losing access to a club for AS flights out of ORD? Although changing terminals can be done airside, a Concourse E (where the current NWA club is located) to Concourse L (AS gates) trip wouldn't be convenient. The DL club is so convenient to the gates AS uses, although it does close a little early for the (new-ish) 7:30p flight to SEA.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
it would be very nice to get access to the lounge they have in the terminal AS uses, currently F. (Club America is its name)
I was there this morning - it is the old UA RCC - when I entered, I thought it looked awfully familiar - I hadn't been in there since maybe 2002 or 2003.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.