Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

YAPTA just got me $37 in AS travel credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YAPTA just got me $37 in AS travel credit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2008, 6:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, UA 2P
Yapta is wicked awesome.

Price dropped, I was notified by Yapta via email, a few minutes later I was getting a $25 credit.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 11:44 am

Programs: AA Platinum, AS MVPG
Thanks so much!

I am usually pretty up to speed with working the system but had no idea about the travel voucher program.

Just got $75 for a flight and have to check two others. Since I travel on my employer's dime, this is free money for vacation travel.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 11:58 am

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Stein
Thanks so much!

I am usually pretty up to speed with working the system but had no idea about the travel voucher program.

Just got $75 for a flight and have to check two others. Since I travel on my employer's dime, this is free money for vacation travel.
Why wouldn't you turn the vouchers in to your employer to be applied towards future business travel? It is, after all, their money. Are the miles you accrue from your business travel, which I assume you use towards leisure travel, not enough of a perk?
Old Dec 5, 2008, 1:36 pm

Programs: Alaska, MVPG
Got another $97 voucher thanks to Yapta

Just got an email last night that the $206 trip dropped by $97. Called and got the credit voucher. Yapta more or less takes the risk out of buying tickets too high on airlines like Alaska where getting the voucher is pretty easy.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Stein
Thanks so much!

Boy, our ethics are challenged these days. When is scamming your employer acceptable? If the employer paid for the ticket, it should go back to the employer. PERIOD.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
But, the kicker is that you can only redeem the fare drop vouchers via phone -- and you incur a phone booking fee.

I remember being told that fee even applies to Golds, though pretty sure I did not pay it when I redeemed one earlier this year.
I got a $25 voucher and it's an e-voucher redeemable online.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, AS MVPG
How 'Bout That Airline Pension?

Originally Posted by formeraa
Boy, our ethics are challenged these days. When is scamming your employer acceptable? If the employer paid for the ticket, it should go back to the employer. PERIOD.
Nothing wrong with making Whitey pay: employees gets ripped off enough by The Man.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 6:45 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Youthinasia
Nothing wrong with making Whitey pay: employees gets ripped off enough by The Man.
I never thought ethics were optional in cases where one personally benefitted. Just yesterday, I went back to a register at a Whole Foods Market in a city I'd travelled to where they forgot to charge me for a small bottle of wine (they had removed a double charge for a food item and accidentally removed the wine, too) -- the cashier thanked me for being honest. Sad to see that it even requires a "thank you for being honest."

I just signed up for Yapta and it appears I've got a $69 credit on NW coming for a client-paid ticket, even after the $50 change fee; it's a total of $119 difference. I'll apply it to future travel for that client (if I think it's worth the hassle of claiming it; I don't know if NW is as nice about vouchers as AS).
Old Dec 5, 2008, 7:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Kudos to those saving $$.

I must keep picking funky flights. I've only added a couple so far, and both quickly became "untrackable" according to Yapta, even though I could still find them w/o problem on AS' site.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 1:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
I was told a while back that when they rebook the ticket you start over on the FC upgrade list. Not sure if this still applies but just an FYI. In fact, one agent said someone else might grab my FC seat if I tried to get the fare difference.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 4:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by westcoastman
I was told a while back that when they rebook the ticket you start over on the FC upgrade list. Not sure if this still applies but just an FYI. In fact, one agent said someone else might grab my FC seat if I tried to get the fare difference.
This has been a concern of mine too... which from what it sounds like, AS reticket the itin and issues a credit... same PNR but different 'purchase date' (or something like that)...

So if one has AS or NW status... this would reduce your position in the UG list...
Old Dec 8, 2008, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
In fact, one agent said someone else might grab my FC seat if I tried to get the fare difference.
Of course, that could also happen if someone BOUGHT your F seat, since presumably the only way this could happen is if you're repricing a discounted fare that isn't instantly upgradeable at time of purchase, and you're waiting for the 72 hour/48 hour MVPG/MVP free upgrade.

That's the thing- it's not a gimme that you'll score an upgrade to F anyway if you are buying out of the bargain bucket, so taking the cash and taking your chances on going down the queue seems reasonable to me- plus if you are MVPG, you automatically trump the MVPs no matter what.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Another fare drop, another credit (on a ticket that already went down $20 and already got a YAPTA credit).

BTW, Alaska does these in $25 increments. In this case, my fare went down $20, but I got a $25 credit- so even if your fare goes down $5, you get a $25 credit.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I wish i knew about this earlier when my trip dopped $100. now its gone back up.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 3:54 pm

Programs: AS Gold, DL, WN
Originally Posted by formeraa
^^ Right on! This is theft!...and yet, those same people "getting over on their employer" get mad at the many corporate CEO's who defrauded us out of billions of dollars which led to the current financial crisis that our country faces! Even more troublesome is the fact that some people are proud to gloat about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.