Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

QX intends to start service from PAE (Paine Field/Everett, WA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2016, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: missamo80
2018-06-01: Service is delayed pending an FAA re-review.

Destinations announced 2018-01-16:

LAS
LAX
SNA
PHX
PDX
SFO
SAN
SJC
​​​​​​​
Other FT PAE threads of note:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/460657-paine-field.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-news/429086-seattles-paine-field-may-opened-up-airlines.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/west/344944-everett-paine-field-can-support-scheduled-service-study-says.html
Print Wikipost

QX intends to start service from PAE (Paine Field/Everett, WA)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, UA Gold, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec
https://thepointsguy.com/news/new-paine-field-terminal/

Looks like things are chugging along at PAE. The jet bridges have been put in place.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
Can't wait to try out this new terminal. I hope the new environmental impact statement will open up the possibility of adding more flights in the future. But 2 gates and a small terminal might limit that potential even if the environmental study would find no adverse impacts by additional flights.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by BW Flyer
Can't wait to try out this new terminal. I hope the new environmental impact statement will open up the possibility of adding more flights in the future. But 2 gates and a small terminal might limit that potential even if the environmental study would find no adverse impacts by additional flights.
I agree with you, I think it looks great. I have no idea what the occupancy of that terminal is, but one would assume that they could at least operate 2 bus stands when the inevitable delays occur?
Old Aug 17, 2018, 1:24 am

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
I agree with you, I think it looks great. I have no idea what the occupancy of that terminal is, but one would assume that they could at least operate 2 bus stands when the inevitable delays occur?
Yeah your right, bus stands can increase pax throughput of the terminal.i hope they have carved out a large apron space in front of the terminal.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I am worried about 2 gates being able to not get backed up. Remote stands could help but if there is not enough ground crew to handle the buses and baggage, it won't help much. Also, the gates are still needed for the next flight to board. With all the delays throughout the country these days, I don't see how everything can line up perfectly to not develop contention at those two gates. I have seen Alaska at DAL with 2 gates and it is quite a juggle, often introducing delays. I can't imagine three different airlines sharing two gates! Who wins when there is contention??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.