Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

QX intends to start service from PAE (Paine Field/Everett, WA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2016, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: missamo80
2018-06-01: Service is delayed pending an FAA re-review.

Destinations announced 2018-01-16:

LAS
LAX
SNA
PHX
PDX
SFO
SAN
SJC
​​​​​​​
Other FT PAE threads of note:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/460657-paine-field.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-news/429086-seattles-paine-field-may-opened-up-airlines.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/west/344944-everett-paine-field-can-support-scheduled-service-study-says.html
Print Wikipost

QX intends to start service from PAE (Paine Field/Everett, WA)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Some work to be done on alaskaair.com. And on Google Flights too.
Not really. What you are seeing is QUITE intentional.

https://newsroom.alaskaair.com/2018-...om-Paine-Field

Flight frequencies for each destination along with departure and arrival times will be announced later in 2018, subject to government approval.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Some work to be done on alaskaair.com. And on Google Flights too.
They so not have a start date, so yeah, they have to load flights. Once they get a start date, I would imagine they will load them, and voila, PAE will become a thing. Hoping by summer they will be loaded.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Not really. What you are seeing is QUITE intentional.
Yes, I saw that. I wasn't expecting that it would return flights, merely noting that neither one recognizes PAE as a valid airport code.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I saw that. I wasn't expecting that it would return flights, merely noting that neither one recognizes PAE as a valid airport code.
Sure, but if there's nobody who's loaded in any flights for PAE (keep in mind UA announced service as well) because they're waiting for the FAA to sign off on passenger operations, it's not a valid airport.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Not as scheduled service.
When PAE was discussed last, ops were supposedly QX. But I'm not certain there are any restrictions not allowing AS operations ex-PAE. Down the road perhaps- but it does make sense to hit the biz areas first, and start off smaller (fleet wise).
Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:30 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines 100K MVP, Oneworld Emerald, Marriott Titanium
Sad no ANC or GEG

I wish my weekly flights to ANC or GEG were added. It would be nice to be 20 minutes from home from my second home, the airport
Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
ANC has hope. When the dust settles, AS will decide what flights are the most profitable. ANC, to me, has potential. The airport will only have 2 gates. AS wants 13 flights, UA wants 6. That makes a total of 19 flights. That means both gates are full or maybe they can squeeze in a 20th flight.

AS will first start out of OO E-175's but I expect eventually they will be all 737-900/900ER aircraft. ANC might get one flight. I wonder where the 13 AS flights will go. Frequencies haven't been announced. Maybe PDX-2, SFO-2, SJC-1, PHX-2, LAS-1, SNA-1, LAX-2, SAN-2.

When the dust settles, maybe it will be:
ANC 1
PDX 2
SFO 2
SJC 2
SNA 1
LAX 2
SAN 2
IAD 1
ORD 1

Or maybe we'll see some low frequencies, like HNL 2/week, JFK 3/week, YYC 2/week. Probably not.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
Article in this morning's Times indicates that all flying will be by Horizon on EMBs
Old Jan 17, 2018, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Even with only two gates, couldn't they board E175s on the tarmac with a zig zag rat ramp to increase capacity? I feel like they do this already in SEA and PDX IIRC.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I am sure due to delays at times, they will have to park an aircraft off gate, at least to unload. Maybe it will be a multi-sub-gate set up?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Sure, but if there's nobody who's loaded in any flights for PAE (keep in mind UA announced service as well) because they're waiting for the FAA to sign off on passenger operations, it's not a valid airport.
Whatever database that supplies Google Flights with their airports seems to have delays sometimes. IIRC, when the new Dakar airport opened last year, it wasn't immediately possible to book flights to DSS (only showed DKR) even though SA and AF were operating flights there.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:21 pm

Won't this cannibalize flights from BLI? Or is there enough of a Bellingham / cross-border market to support BLI without the Everett/Snohomish passengers?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
Won't this cannibalize flights from BLI? Or is there enough of a Bellingham / cross-border market to support BLI without the Everett/Snohomish passengers?
I don’t think so. The problem @ BLI is that you drive there & you fly to either SEA or PDX and wait around for an hour or four for your flight. A N/S out of PAE, avoiding the I-5 morass ( we reside in Skagit County) is gonna work much better for our travel needs to those cities serve from PAE. I have used BLI sparingly since moving north.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
Probably a bit, but AS was pulling down BLI flights the last few years anyways because G4 pulled back some.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by manacit
I am surprised to see PHX and not DAL and/or somewhere in Florida (MCO or FLL probably).
I think the longer the flight, the less the advantage of the convenience of an airport like PAE (for Everett area customers), so they focus on relatively-short flights; that makes Florida a weak candidate for PAE service. Not too different from LGA/JFK, DCA/IAD, LCY/LHR, YTZ/YYZ, etc (although those are all different in that it's downtown that's appreciably closer to the airport with less long haul service, and some of the length of flight constraints are artificial).

Also, PAE probably can't support an appreciable percentage of the total demand from SEA because there aren't connections. If you're adding an E75 or two from PAE to a route that already has several daily 737s flying from SEA, there may well be enough demand. But if you add a 737 (because an E75 doesn't have the legs) to a route that only has one, maybe two, daily 737s from SEA, I don't see how it could work: there's less O/D demand than SEA and you lose the connecting feed.

And re DAL specifically: it's not like AS is swimming in available capacity there.

All the announced route meet those criteria: relatively short flight (less than three hours scheduled), so saving customers 1-2 hours getting to the airport saves at least 25% of the total door-to-door travel time, and already lots of service from SEA (so there's at least the possibility of sufficient O&D demand from north of Seattle to fill an E75).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.