baggage/interline question CI/AS

Old Mar 25, 2008, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

baggage/interline question CI/AS

Hi
I am flying later in the year CI from bkk to sea, arriving in the evening. The next morning I am flying AS sea to yvr. Do you think I can put my baggage through to yvr, or will I have to get it tagged to sea and rebook the bags the next morning
thanks
Old Mar 26, 2008, 12:14 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
I've done that on domestic flights without a problem. (Overnight at SEA but checked my luggage all the way through to my final destination.)
Old Mar 26, 2008, 10:30 am

Programs: AS MVPG
You will need to find out first if CI and AS have an interline agreement. Call up AS res and ask.

Second, depending on how long your layover is, I would strongly consider not leaving your bags checked overnight at any airport. Things get stolen, and bags often don't make it on the plane the next day because they have been set aside somewhere.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 10:45 am

Programs: UA, WN, AS, CO, SPG, HGP, FPC
AS does have a baggage agreement with CI, however they may not hold your bags overnight. I don't even think the transfer desk will do a re-check for the next morning. Most airlines will cap it at 8 hours for international inbounds. Based on what I've heard about Menzies ground handling in Seattle lately, your bags are safer with you.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 11:16 am

Programs: ac, as
also I would think they would be restricter on unaccompanied bags flying internationally without the owner onboard.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.