Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Old Mar 21, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by pbelmore
Doh! Thank you!

Now that we have solved that !!!! Let's get back to the dirt!!!!!
Old Mar 21, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Now that we have solved that !!!! Let's get back to the dirt!!!!!
Like the Biscoff size change? I noticed I have .9oz and .5oz packages from the past several flights but I didn't keep track so I'm not sure if they're getting larger, smaller, or just QX vs AS mainline.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 8:07 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by rustykettel

Like the Biscoff size change? I noticed I have .9oz and .5oz packages from the past several flights but I didn't keep track so I'm not sure if they're getting larger, smaller, or just QX vs AS mainline.

NOW that's worthy of at least a dozen differing opinions Had the new Hummus tiny tray with bread and veggies from BOI to SEA Not bad on the red eye across to MCO. Let's see what new wonders food service has come up with. Meanwhile work on that Biscotti angle!
Old Mar 24, 2018, 9:51 pm

AS comes through for Bay Area- new lounge opens 4/3.... Alaska Airlines Club Level at AT&T Park.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Can't do OLCI -why?

What are the main reasons for not allowing someone to check in online?

Details:
-paid flt for 2 using Companion Fare cert and 2 GGUs
-departing tomorrow
-I've never made any changes to the itinerary
-BOI-SEA-MSY

Just curious
Old Mar 26, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by philemer

Details:
-departing tomorrow
-BOI-SEA-MSY

Just curious
we were unable to do so on a IAH-SEA-JNU itinerary. I believe their system erred out because it was trying to check bags to final destination while we were overnighting at SEA (just over the 12 hour limit between flights to do so). Another reason was due to a last minute flight change on the second flight for another itinerary. The flight was turned over to gate control, so we couldnt do anything until we got there.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold

Details:
-departing tomorrow
-BOI-SEA-MSY

Just curious

Are you checking baggage? If so, try OLCI without baggage. It should complete with boarding pass. See agent at the airport to check baggage there. If that doesn't work call AS to make sure all you personal information was populated into the reservation. If a DOB or other information is missing you won't be able to do OLCI. Sometimes a refresh on their end is all that is needed.

James

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Mar 26, 2018 at 10:16 pm
Old Mar 26, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
So I've still not heard anything from Alaska about the complaint with the FC arm rest being taped shut. It went in a week ago. Should I just call or tweet at this point?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by rune87
So I've still not heard anything from Alaska about the complaint with the FC arm rest being taped shut. It went in a week ago. Should I just call or tweet at this point?
I'd go the Twitter route if you're up for social media. It seems that they are a little more service-oriented than the call center at this time (in reading other posts/experiences).
Old Mar 26, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
I've discovered the perfect way to sum up the corporate outlook on routing and partners:

Old Mar 26, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: Alaska, SPG Gold , Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Delta
I have a Friday evening flight out of SEA on AS coming up next week. Traveling with my wife and two small children (5 & 3). Dinner will be at the airport. Is there hot food in the Board Room after 6 pm? Are soups and salad the only offerings?

We also have access to the Amex lounge. I know they do not have hot food but there's usually a decent selection on the buffet there.

TIA!
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Well... 75$ from the twitter team. lol
DrAlex likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Ph. agents need more training...

Sorry, meant to post this in "flame free" thread...

Details:
-departing tomorrow
-BOI-SEA-MSY

Just curious
Originally Posted by Akck

we were unable to do so on a IAH-SEA-JNU itinerary. I believe their system erred out because it was trying to check bags to final destination while we were overnighting at SEA (just over the 12 hour limit between flights to do so). Another reason was due to a last minute flight change on the second flight for another itinerary. The flight was turned over to gate control, so we couldn’t do anything until we got there.

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Are you checking baggage? If so, try OLCI without baggage. It should complete with boarding pass. See agent at the airport to check baggage there. If that doesn't work call AS to make sure all you personal information was populated into the reservation. If a DOB or other onformation is missing you won't be able to do OLCI.

James
The problem, as I found out tonight, was because there had been a small schedule change a month or two ago. It seems that AS's IT systems don't handle sch. changes well (can you say fubar?) when GGUs are involved. It seems what I see on my computer was updated and fine but their system hadn't updated the small change. The 2nd gal I spoke with knew exactly what the problem was when I said "schedule change". She hit the update button and asked me to go online and try to check in. Voila, it worked fine. It would be nice if AS could give their new ph. agents more training. Sad.

Last edited by philemer; Mar 26, 2018 at 8:54 pm
Old Mar 29, 2018, 4:51 pm

Ugh. Upcoming work trip approved day after looking at flights. P zeroed out overnight. Now $800+ to upfare from lowest coach. Yeah, no thanks. F7 D7 P0 with only three seats taken on a 16 seat seatmap (I know, I know... seatmaps are not predictors of cabin bookings...). Cmon AS Revenue Management, just add one back to the P bucket...
Old Mar 31, 2018, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Currently watching a show on Netflix about people traveling from Australia and New Zealand to Thailand for cosmetic surgery. As expected the show some quick cuts of a Thai Airways plane. Then they show a video clip of a plane landing and its Alaska Airlines. I guess its cheaper to buy stock video of AS landing in the US than to get a clip of a plane landing in Phuket?

Last edited by CDKing; Mar 31, 2018 at 5:23 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.