Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Old Feb 18, 2018, 7:00 pm

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
Yep discounted J for BA. Actually have a Condor flight tomorrow. Decision paralysis! I guess I might as well refresh my memory before making a choice
Old Feb 19, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by leland
Yep discounted J for BA. Actually have a Condor flight tomorrow. Decision paralysis! I guess I might as well refresh my memory before making a choice

at this time of day a Bloody Mary works well
leland likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Was waiting for my QX flight at GEG on a Q400 and I noticed on the GIDS that there was an upgrade list containing two people. This was separate from the standby list.

It showed “capacity: 0, booked: 0, checked in: 2”

Do these lucky people get upgraded to the cockpit?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Boy do I feel like an idiot.

I rarely transit PDX... and when I do, I don't drink liquor. After being a G75/Gold since 2009 and a lounge member for most of that, I asked for a gin & tonic today.

Yeah. I felt retarded.

So, with no hard liquor at PDX, why are all the Priority Pass people whining again? The lounge is nice, but all the other amenities around the airport really make this lounge more of a pit stop (like I've always done with it).. capers, the cinema place, open-business lounge with chairs, powerports, desks, etc...
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec

I rarely transit PDX... and when I do, I don't drink liquor. After being a G75/Gold since 2009 and a lounge member for most of that, I asked for a gin & tonic today.

Yeah. I felt retarded.

So, with no hard liquor at PDX, why are all the Priority Pass people whining again? The lounge is nice, but all the other amenities around the airport really make this lounge more of a pit stop (like I've always done with it).. capers, the cinema place, open-business lounge with chairs, powerports, desks, etc...

Because it's FREE
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

Yeah. I felt retarded.

That cinema place is weird.
jackal likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Its a great place to sleep, especially on the longer layovers. Its one of the few quiet spots at night.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hyatt Globalist

Yeah. I felt retarded.

It's a fairly nice, quiet place to sit before a flight.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Its a great place to sleep, especially on the longer layovers. Its one of the few quiet spots at night.
I actually attempted that at 5am, but it was shockingly busy.

I ended up sleeping between two benches over in the B gates. Blissfully quiet and very little traffic. Got about two hours of sleep before waking up in time to hit both Capers and Stumptown (unfortunately, I left my Stumptown coffee on the table at Capers when I rushed off to my flight so only got a couple of sips of it ).
Old Feb 22, 2018, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Oh come on Beckoa it's Portland and that is more the normal side of Portland go into town !!
Old Feb 22, 2018, 9:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by jackal
I actually attempted that at 5am, but it was shockingly busy.

I ended up sleeping between two benches over in the B gates. Blissfully quiet and very little traffic. Got about two hours of sleep before waking up in time to hit both Capers and Stumptown (unfortunately, I left my Stumptown coffee on the table at Capers when I rushed off to my flight so only got a couple of sips of it ).
A friend once opened up the cabinets behind the B6 (I think) podium and found pillows and blankets stashed there. They climbed up and had a nice nap
jackal likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 7:19 am

AS 240 SFO-MEX Delayed?

AS 240 SFO-MEX is scheduled to leave at at 9:55 AM but is delayed this AM. Any reason why? The plane arrived last night at SFO and weather seems fine today. Just curious why the flight is showing delayed this AM...
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:33 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
It's delayed due to crew rest.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 3:44 pm

that's not much of a delay...

2AS240«
0240/23FEB - FLIGHT ROUTING
SCHEDULE ACTUAL DELAY/CANCEL ARRIVAL
CITY ARRV DEPT ARRV DEPT CODES GATE
SFO ORIG 955A 1033A
MEX 420P TERM

3SFO/ETD1042A 0.47L DUE CREW REST *0144
4SFO/OUT1033A 0.38L OFF1044A *1246
2MEX/ON 0437P *1638
Old Feb 25, 2018, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Wow the winds sure have been bad, wonder how many were bumped for weight restriction. I was looking at the last week or so of BOS-SEA flights, one was 7 hours according to Flight aware. No GoGo on this one. It was a 737-700

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...203Z/KBOS/KSEA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.