Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: MVP Gold
I still wish we would get the 5% discount on being an Alaska Insider subscriber
rustykettel likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
A peek inside

Upgrade processor got stuck

AS got it fixed (picture #1 ) and now back to
normal flow (picture #2 ).

Attached Images   
jackal and PABE like this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
well seems the gremlins our at it again this tim with the 175's multiple mechanical delays on multiple flights UGH
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: Alaska Air Miles
Originally Posted by Gilbum
Flew Virgin America on Jan 8th from sfo-dca and returned Jan 10th iad-sfo on the same reservation. Originally had my elevate number plugged into the reservation but then updated it with my Alaska mileage plan number. I still do not see, even the first leg of this trip, registered in my Alaska account. It’s not listed at all and it’s been not over a week. Typically, can anyone tell me how long it takes for their trips to be reflected in Alaska’s points/mileage system? Is it abnormal that it’s been over a week and my account doesn’t reflect the trip?
As was already answered by someone else, it can take a few weeks to register. It took about 3 weeks for a Virgin flight from PDX to SFO to register for me from a flight in early January. I have some Alaska flights that have also taken a week before they show as well.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by edgewood49
well seems the gremlins our at it again this tim with the 175's multiple mechanical delays on multiple flights UGH
OO's or QX?

Really like 2A on this a/c ^
Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
OO's or QX?

175 which I love.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I really like 75K status, I only just realized that for every 2 transcon RT's earns almost enough points for a free transcon RT (saver space dependent)
synergistic likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
OO's or QX?

I had a AS/SW 175 flight today it was on one of Sky West older 175 and I was dismayed when going into the FC lav how beat up it was already; Apparently the material they are using is not standing up well I sure AS's are better
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:00 am

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
Question for folks here... have a SEA-AMS trip coming up, I can either go BA or Condor in J for about the same price (Iceland is an option as well, but for same price, less EQM and the mess of the KEF transfer I'd prefer to skip that). Condor would give me about 4500 more EQM, but my connection might not be booked on the same ticket (I could possibly get another 1000 EQM if I book my connection on KLM and assuming that the CityHopper flights count for status - trip is before the partnership ends). The downsides of Condor or Condor/KLM would be inability to check bags and any hiccups could be major issues since Condor only flies twice a week. But it would be 4500-5500 EQM vs. a slightly nicer ride on BA (love upstairs on the 747). I'm probably going to miss 75K this year, but every bit helps. What would you do?

Last edited by leland; Feb 16, 2018 at 2:12 am
Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by leland
Question for folks here... have a SEA-AMS trip coming up, I can either go BA or Condor in J for about the same price (Iceland is an option as well, but for same price, less EQM and the mess of the KEF transfer I'd prefer to skip that). Condor would give me about 4500 more EQM, but my connection might not be booked on the same ticket (I could possibly get another 1000 EQM if I book my connection on KLM and assuming that the CityHopper flights count for status - trip is before the partnership ends). The downsides of Condor or Condor/KLM would be inability to check bags and any hiccups could be major issues since Condor only flies twice a week. But it would be 4500-5500 EQM vs. a slightly nicer ride on BA (love upstairs on the 747). I'm probably going to miss 75K this year, but every bit helps. What would you do?

BA
Old Feb 17, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
@edgewood49 - more for comfort or trip continuity reasons? I've been leaning BA but at end of the year if I'm close those 5k EQM would be a pain in the butt
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:19 pm

@edgewood49 - more for comfort or trip continuity reasons? I've been leaning BA but at end of the year if I'm close those 5k EQM would be a pain in the butt
First there is a reasonable amount of consistency with BA, Their front of the bus product has been somewhat lacking of late, we recently flew the 787-9 SJC/LHR in first which was ok, nothing to write home about and returned in Biz which I found more comfortable, go figure. Service was better on our business leg than first coming over. We did fly on points with paying the "vig" which I felt was reasonable in being able to get the flights I wanted around the holidays. When flying on AS points your family limited and if I had to chose between AA and BA it's a no brainier to fly BA. AA you just never know who is going to show up! I miss AF.

Hope this helps.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by edgewood49
First there is a reasonable amount of consistency with BA, Their front of the bus product has been somewhat lacking of late, we recently flew the 787-9 SJC/LHR in first which was ok, nothing to write home about and returned in Biz which I found more comfortable, go figure. Service was better on our business leg than first coming over. We did fly on points with paying the "vig" which I felt was reasonable in being able to get the flights I wanted around the holidays. When flying on AS points your family limited and if I had to chose between AA and BA it's a no brainier to fly BA. AA you just never know who is going to show up! I miss AF.

Hope this helps.
I really enjoyed my one BA F flight last year (on a 777). Food was acceptable, beverages were great, and our main FA was a delight. Seats were comfortable, too.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I really enjoyed my one BA F flight last year (on a 777). Food was acceptable, beverages were great, and our main FA was a delight. Seats were comfortable, too.

And I hear you, BA for years has been a favorite of mine my comments were on the most recent flight with them. I also have two more international trips this fall with them and looking forward to them as well! I think the 787's are not as comfy long haul as the 74's and 777's

But then I like old true and comfortable !!
Old Feb 17, 2018, 5:39 pm

If the Condor flight is going to give more EQM than BA, it means you are on a discounted BA J ticket that won't let you choose that upper deck seat anyway. Even though I prefer BA over DE, take the Condor flight for the extra EQM. The bonus EQM is 5% of what you need to hit 75k, which is a pretty hefty chunk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.