Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2009, 10:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Do y'all try to bring up FT with other frequent travellers you run across "en route"? I've done so with a few others waiting to pre-board DL flights, who were also grasping their AS Gold cards for priority boarding.
I do it everywhere... I really need FT biz cards
Old Nov 5, 2009, 10:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by maokh
I just wanted to at least make one inflight wifi flyertalk post. GoGo is pretty quick. On DL from SEA to ATL right now.

Good luck with that over the pacific

*hope Row 44 works out... haven't heard anything in a while...*
Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Just what we want from a potential talkboard member
Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Just what we want from a potential talkboard member
Just proving my open-mindedness and willingness to take suggestions!

BTW, eating another torta as we speak...
Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:55 am

My 4 hour nap after I got home from school is keeping me up. On Flyertalk. Cool. I just held a LAX-SEA fare and I couldn't pick any MVPG seats then I noticed it just said my Name not United757, MVP Gold, and I was like uhm I'm logged in, so I clicked on my account and found they were doing MP work! Phew, thought I had no status for a second there!
Old Nov 6, 2009, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by jackal
Just proving my open-mindedness and willingness to take suggestions!

BTW, eating another torta as we speak...
How many days in a row for Taco King now!
Old Nov 6, 2009, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by United757
My 4 hour nap after I got home from school is keeping me up. On Flyertalk. Cool. I just held a LAX-SEA fare and I couldn't pick any MVPG seats then I noticed it just said my Name not United757, MVP Gold, and I was like uhm I'm logged in, so I clicked on my account and found they were doing MP work! Phew, thought I had no status for a second there!
Going to catch a cheezburgr from In n Out?
Old Nov 6, 2009, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One. No Taco King last night--just leftover fettuccine alfredo with a glass of a 2007 Penfold's Koonunga Hill Shiraz Cabernet while watching late-night TV.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 4:34 am

One. No Taco King last night--just leftover fettuccine alfredo with a glass of a 2007 Penfold's Koonunga Hill Shiraz Cabernet while watching late-night TV.
shameful.

How much wine did you drink yesterday ?
Old Nov 6, 2009, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa
shameful.

How much wine did you drink yesterday ?
Just the one glass.

It's a decent wine and a phenomenal value--I think it was about $8 or $8.50 for the bottle. It's easily comparable to a $15-20 wine in the U.S. My only dislike is that it has a very strong alcohol taste--that kind that tastes like isopropyl alcohol smells--despite only having 13.5% ABV. Small sips keep that taste at bay, though.

To those who say, "What's he doing drinking a Shiraz with fettuccine alfredo?! That calls for a Chardonnay!", I say, any true enjoyer of wine will tell ya to drink whatever the heck you enjoy with whatever the heck food you want. And since I don't understand why anyone would use the words "white" and "wine" in the same sentence, I'll keep drinking my Cabs with my halibut and my Merlots with my chicken.

Last edited by jackal; Nov 6, 2009 at 9:17 am
Old Nov 6, 2009, 11:02 am

Location: Vancouver (Not BC), WA (Not DC)...I'm in a PDX flight path.
Programs: Elite peon; MR Gold; HH Silver; BW Diamond (status match)
To those who say, "What's he doing drinking a Shiraz with fettuccine alfredo?! That calls for a Chardonnay!", I say, any true enjoyer of wine will tell ya to drink whatever the heck you enjoy with whatever the heck food you want. And since I don't understand why anyone would use the words "white" and "wine" in the same sentence, I'll keep drinking my Cabs with my halibut and my Merlots with my chicken.
Because a nicely crafted white wine is delicious.

And I agree...you can drink whatever you want with whatever you want to eat.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 3:23 pm

This thread should be renamed: "The Beckoa & Jackal Lounge Thread--Everybody Is Welcome!!"

Edit: wow what a lame way to celebrate my 500th post.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
They are a fascinating duo
Old Nov 6, 2009, 4:10 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa

Good luck with that over the pacific

*hope Row 44 works out... haven't heard anything in a while...*
I dont care if its shoe string and a pair of cans on a domestic flight, internet is better than no internet.

I have not paid much attention to the delta rollout as I suspect they were testing 2 1/2 planes on some routes i didn't fly. However, there have been some significant developments in the last month.

All 100 some odd MD88's in the fleet have WiFi. A large chunk of the 757-200's have it, and the rest will probably complete by year end.

I also read that they are doing overnight installs (which i find a bit shocking), and AirCell/GoGo coverage has been working generally good for most domestic flights.

The international fleet will get nothing, of course.

Row44 is great and all, but the air-to-ground system is extremely fast and low latency. It is, however, very touchy. I think i lost data a couple times through the flight. Makes sense because it is a ground based system, and obstructions can knock out service briefly. I suspect the Row44, although higher latency, has a more uniform user experience unless the plane is doing some wild bank at some high latitude, which is unlikely at cruise.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 4:13 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by United757
This thread should be renamed: "The Beckoa & Jackal Lounge Thread--Everybody Is Welcome!!"

Edit: wow what a lame way to celebrate my 500th post.
A sarcastic, pessimistic post is certainly in the name of flyertalk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.