Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2022, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
hey, there are worse places for an IROPS-forced overnight than SEA, and you could always luck into ORC and a creatively-routed return trip again
Does AS do ORC/Booking Fare with partner flights? I recently had to fly in Y from DFW-SEA on AS (booked in J on AA metal on a BA ticket - AA cancelled my flight due to flooding/weather at DFW and AS shockingly got my home more or less on time).

It’s already posted to my account and credited at 100% EQM (though I did get 150% RDM as a 100k). I called AS the next day and they told me that since it was an AA issued Y ticket I only earned 100% EQM.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 2:20 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by AinthePNW
Does AS do ORC/Booking Fare with partner flights? I recently had to fly in Y from DFW-SEA on AS (booked in J on AA metal on a BA ticket - AA cancelled my flight due to flooding/weather at DFW and AS shockingly got my home more or less on time).

It’s already posted to my account and credited at 100% EQM (though I did get 150% RDM as a 100k). I called AS the next day and they told me that since it was an AA issued Y ticket I only earned 100% EQM.
Wondering something similar - I had a BOS-JFK-SFO (BOS-JFK opby B6, JFK-SFO opby AA in Business) booked on AA stock but my B6 flight was delayed such that I'd miss my connection, and AA rerouted me on the B6 nonstop to SFO in Mint. Obviously this didn't earn me any AS EQM/RDM, so wondering if/how I can go about requesting ORC for it.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 5:25 pm

500 mile min credit for diversion

Just took AS 3303 from LAX to AUS and ended up being diverted to SAT for 20 minutes due to weather. Can confirm that I was credited mileage for LAX>SAT and for the 66 mile flight between SAT and AUS (including the 500 minimum and 75k bonus). Thanks Alaska!
Old Sep 4, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: UA 1K
Confused on lounge access

Hi everyone. Star Alliance person mostly. Taking first domestic flight in Alaska paid F from location with no Alaska lounge. However there is an Admirals club, and I am a member. Lounge access to AA Club pre departure in this case?

Thx.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 10:02 am

Does anyone know of any deals on lounge renewal cost?
Bellerina likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by flymetokix
Hi everyone. Star Alliance person mostly. Taking first domestic flight in Alaska paid F from location with no Alaska lounge. However there is an Admirals club, and I am a member. Lounge access to AA Club pre departure in this case?

Thx.
Nope, paid F lounge access only gives you access to the Alaska lounge, not any partner lounges.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 2:38 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Finnair Does anyone have experience on flying Finnair to Europe? All I ever see is main cabin awards. Upgrade possible?

Thanks
Old Sep 9, 2022, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Finnair Does anyone have experience on flying Finnair to Europe? All I ever see is main cabin awards. Upgrade possible?

Thanks
No idea about upgrading an award ticket. However, I did find J award space on Finnair ORD-HEL (in their new and awesome biz seats) and HEL-BRU in June of this year about 3 days before departure using AS miles, so it is possible to book J award with them. They actually saved my trip (I did have to harass AS to get them to book it - it wouldn’t let me book online).
Old Sep 9, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by AinthePNW
No idea about upgrading an award ticket. However, I did find J award space on Finnair ORD-HEL (in their new and awesome biz seats) and HEL-BRU in June of this year about 3 days before departure using AS miles, so it is possible to book J award with them. They actually saved my trip (I did have to harass AS to get them to book it - it wouldn’t let me book online).
Nice good luck once again our OW status does not port over makes it annoying to say the least. I did get it sorted out so as not to pay for reserved seating. Also "comfort" seats appeared free of charge, this must be their premium coach seats. The price point of 30K plus $11.30 per seat makes it a deal.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by flymetokix
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Nope, paid F lounge access only gives you access to the Alaska lounge, not any partner lounges.
But AA lounge membership and an AS boarding pass will get you into an AA lounge.

Last edited by WrightHI; Sep 9, 2022 at 1:19 pm Reason: Added clarifying quote
Old Sep 9, 2022, 6:13 pm

I have not heard from anyone about renewal deals. Phooey. My membership is up for renewal soon and I was hoping for a deal. Last time I renewed they threw in an extra 6 months.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
yah, I’m in the same situation, coming up for renewal at the end of the month :/
Old Sep 10, 2022, 9:54 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Lounge(s) at PDX

We were in PDX 3 weeks ago and it looks like the lounge there is possibly expanding ???? There is an addition built onto the existing lounge but there was seemingly no access to it. Also there appears to be a new lounge next to gate B3. Are there now going to be two lounges and is the original one on fact being enlarged?
Old Sep 10, 2022, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
We were in PDX 3 weeks ago and it looks like the lounge there is possibly expanding ???? There is an addition built onto the existing lounge but there was seemingly no access to it. Also there appears to be a new lounge next to gate B3. Are there now going to be two lounges and is the original one on fact being enlarged?
Yes the original is being enlarged and the one by gate b is a pop-up that I think might be temporary I'm not sure about that one.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: AS 75K
I looked into transferring some miles to my wife and about spit my coffee out when I saw how much AS expects to get for this "service". $10/1000 miles or $.01/mile. Do they realize the things are only worth about $.015/mile each?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.