Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2021, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Question this takes “planning ahead” to a ridiculous extreme

I booked this trip on 30 Mar ... today is 2 Apr

and oh by the way I **live in** Seattle, so this trip is a RETURN HOME (and oh by the way I haven’t seen a “Get ready for” email for the outbound a week earlier)
Old Apr 2, 2021, 11:26 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by jrl767
I booked this trip on 30 Mar ... today is 2 Apr

and oh by the way I **live in** Seattle, so this trip is a RETURN HOME (and oh by the way I haven’t seen a “Get ready for” email for the outbound a week earlier)
Yeah, the timing of some of their canned emails is pretty funny. Get excited.... it's only 6 months away!! I have numerous trips out and back from home planned and they often notify me to "get excited" for a trip 3 trips from now I'm sorry... the most excited I can get is for the next trip.... I just don't have anymore joy in me.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
“funny” and “excited” REALLY aren’t the first words that come to my mind :/

I have SBA next month and OGG a couple weeks after this Oct trip (and the outbound for this one is MCO) — all new AS destinations for me; why the &@#%€ can’t they put a simple search in the program that generates these emails?

(no, I’m not really confused, and no, I REALLY don’t need an answer )
Old Apr 4, 2021, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
I wish that AS would reopen the Lounge at JFK. With NY traffic, you have to arrive early. With UA resuming flights at JFK T7, AS could make a little money by accepting Priority Pass and charging UA to use the Lounge.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 8:20 am

So I've checked in for a flight tomorrow morning. 2 PAX on the res, one 75K the other Gold. We don't show up on the Upgrade list for the flight status. Is something wonky in the display or are we not on the upgrade list?

ETA: I called in and we were indeed not on the list. Something was wonky with the res, they were able to fix, we are now #1 and #2 on the UG list. Wonder if that also meant we got skipped in the automatic process as the flight showed about half full in F a couple of days ago and is now full. Beware!

Last edited by seacarl; Apr 5, 2021 at 8:34 am Reason: Added Info
Old Apr 5, 2021, 8:22 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by seacarl
So I've checked in for a flight tomorrow morning. 2 PAX on the res, one 75K the other Gold. We don't show up on the Upgrade list for the flight status. Is something wonky in the display or are we not on the upgrade list?
Generally, it's advised against posting the same question simultaneously in 3 different threads. I've responded to your first post in the flame-free thread.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Generally, it's advised against posting the same question simultaneously in 3 different threads. I've responded to your first post in the flame-free thread.
I haven't been getting much traction in threads and it's for a 5+ hour flight tomorrow, so I was hoping to maximize chance of answer. I suspect that we already got screwed by the IT as the cabin filled over the past two days and it now doesn't show anyone on the UG list except the two of us...
Old Apr 9, 2021, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
First OW Shiny Stone BP in hand. Should I be feeling special?
Old Apr 9, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Definitely. I've been told it enables you to cut in front of the line when ordering drinks in the Lounge. Please try that and report back!
Old Apr 9, 2021, 10:03 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
You have always been special! Now, when you went to school, was it on a long bus or a short bus?

James
Old Apr 9, 2021, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
You have always been special! Now, when you went to school, was it on a long bus or a short bus?

James
(Depending on school and age ...) Walked, then a bicycle, then drove, then a bicycle, then drove, then walked.

No bus
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Definitely. I've been told it enables you to cut in front of the line when ordering drinks in the Lounge. Please try that and report back!
I'll definitely try that tomorrow in the SFO lounge!
NoLaGent and rustykettel like this.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Matanuska Valley Credit Union. I just heard a commercial on the TV for this - turned around to make sure I was hearing correctly. Then I looked out the window and it certainly looks like my hotel is in Honolulu, and I know the AC has been on all night in April, and then I looked online and indeed, said CU has a branch here.

Unfortunately, the Mauka view makes it impossible to see if Russia should be viewable from here.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Because there isn't a lounge open, I went down to the garden@ HNL.
pcoll and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 11:47 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I see for FAI that "the Military Courtesy Lounge is reserved for passengers with specific credentials such as elite status, premium tickets, or other access methods that are required for entry.” Does such elite status possibly include AS MVP?

https://www.loungebuddy.com/FAI/mili...nal-wL29vwAtpA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.