The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 4, 21, 5:16 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: jackal
Wiki Link
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

Old Feb 25, 21, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jrl767 View Post
is that directed at me for bringing up the subject of LAX T3 or at klrduks in disbelief that anyone won't miss the place?
I think I might have just created a new word / phrase -

I've got No Stalgia for LAX T-3.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Feb 26, 21, 5:15 pm

Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Life Time Titanium
Ok so what is going on? I tried to look at some reservations I have for trips to Europe this summer AS will not display with a note that they are in the process over converting over to One World. Whats this ?
Old Feb 27, 21, 11:21 am

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
I also have some Alaska/BA awards for December. I think it has to do with the fare class realignment they are doing in advance of joining the One World alliance. I assume they will be viewable again in a couple of days.
Old Feb 27, 21, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Klrduks View Post
I also have some Alaska/BA awards for December. I think it has to do with the fare class realignment they are doing in advance of joining the One World alliance. I assume they will be viewable again in a couple of days.
So far my three are not viewable as of yet. what I am hoping their going live so I can seat assign on BA and not pay the vig
Old Mar 2, 21, 10:26 am

All seems to be back to normal, at least for me. All of my current reservations have been restored and are viewable. However, while the Confirmation Codes remained the same, if you also store your reservations on a 3rd party site (like TripIt), know that the fare buckets and ticket numbers have changed.
Old Mar 2, 21, 10:58 am

All seems to be back to normal, at least for me. All of my current reservations have been restored and are viewable. However, while the Confirmation Codes remained the same, if you also store your reservations on a 3rd party site (like TripIt), know that the fare buckets and ticket numbers have changed.
mine does not display fare calculation yet
Old Mar 3, 21, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by edgewood49 View Post
mine does not display fare calculation yet
I have to say that the vast majority of flight changes I have had over the years (and I have had quite a few as I tend to book early) often do not include the fare calculation information. I usually keep the original booking copy as well just in case.

Also FYI, on my December 2021 award tickets with Alaska/BA, the seat assignments I made on the Alaska flights did not carry over into the new reservations so I needed to go back in and select them.
Old Mar 3, 21, 11:29 am

I have to say that the vast majority of flight changes I have had over the years (and I have had quite a few as I tend to book early) often do not include the fare calculation information. I usually keep the original booking copy as well just in case.

Also FYI, on my December 2021 award tickets with Alaska/BA, the seat assignments I made on the Alaska flights did not carry over into the new reservations so I needed to go back in and select them.
Mine has shown back up. On another point I too flying 100K + a year tend to book 15 flights in December for the coming year changing many of them I see the fare calculation/cost in each of them. Interesting. I have one trip BA returning from London that did not return to "my trips" other than a simple listing. Not much more of a wait other than being able to actually travel to Europe
Klrduks likes this.
Old Mar 11, 21, 10:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
18" and still snowing in Eagle River. Made for an interesting drive to ANC this morning...
Old Mar 11, 21, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
18" and still snowing in Eagle River. Made for an interesting drive to ANC this morning...
I am reminded of spinning out of control in my rental car @ the Muldoon Rd. onramp. Of course, that was on ice, right after a few feet of snow had melted and turned to ice.
beckoa and Klrduks like this.
Old Mar 11, 21, 12:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP, SK, UR, MR
That must have been so much fun! I remember the end of Sundance one year, we were seeing a movie in Park City at midnight and it started snowing at one. It was a mess heading back to the hotel south of Salt Lake, and when we drove to the airport first thing in the morning, a full 60 minutes for the 20 miles, cars were in the gutter left and right. We were so tired we fell asleep as soon as we sat down in the plane. When we woke up two hours later, we thought we had just landed in SFO, but no, we were still at SLC.
Old Mar 11, 21, 12:22 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG75K, AA, DL, HH-G

Only 11" inches at my house on the lower hillside. Driving back from dinner at my daughter's house last night I got to watch a fat tire Jeep do a 360 in front of me. Fortunately no one got hurt.
Old Mar 14, 21, 11:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
So much for "spring break" this week!
Old Mar 14, 21, 11:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, UA PP, DL Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold
So much for "spring break" this week!
Technically, it isn't spring yet!

James
Old Mar 14, 21, 11:40 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG75K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun View Post
Technically, it isn't spring yet!

James
Based on the recent weather at ANC, that will happen sometime in May.....

Search this Thread
Search Engine: