Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2020, 1:30 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by ctporter
why not consider donating the miles. Last Wish or a Veterans org and so many others could really use the miles.
As a combat disabled Vet your donation would be greatly appreciated.
pcoll and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 3:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist Caesars Wyndham Diamond, MGM Gold
I got a couple of alaska courtesy vouchers in 2018. I called in 2019 and had them extend (reissue) it and its expiring in November 2020. Will alaska convert them to miles like southwest? Any other options due to covid?
Old Sep 22, 2020, 6:17 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by ErikSorensen
Hello all - long time lurker here. I have a question about where to post an offer, or if it would even be allowed on these forums.

Backstory: a year or two ago, I signed up for 2 Alaska Air credit cards with the intent to use the miles for trips to the west coast (I'm in NJ). These trips never worked out... so I have 60k+ miles to get rid of before I cancel the credit cards to stop paying an annual fee.

Is there a market for these points, or a place to post them for "sale"? It seems to cost a lot to transfer them... more than an actual ticket is worth. Any advice would be appreciated

- Erik
Originally Posted by ctporter
why not consider donating the miles. Last Wish or a Veterans org and so many others could really use the miles.
You could also consider UNCF: United Negro College Fund

https://blog.alaskaair.com/alaska-ai...iles-aug-2020/
Old Oct 23, 2020, 11:38 am

American "adjusts" Upgrade confirmation

Did anyone read Lucky's post today about American and how they are once again adjusting their upgrade conformation system? What BS. and the executives at Alaska want us to believe this deal with American is the best for us? BS is what I say. Frankly I wish that Tricky Dick Anderson was such a sleaze maybe we would be still codeshare with Delta and it's alliance which for international travel is the best alliance to-date. Having reached my mm a few years ago coupled with this bs with American I frankly find myself not so joined at the hip and flying DL and UA out/in of BOI.

Call me disappointed
Old Oct 23, 2020, 12:53 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
How does AA's upgrade system affect AS elite? Did the partnership, either direct or through OW, add upgrade benefits now? I must have missed that.
Eastbay1K and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by rustykettel
How does AA's upgrade system affect AS elite? Did the partnership, either direct or through OW, add upgrade benefits now? I must have missed that.
It "filters" down to our potential upgrades which on AA is slim as it is. If AA is doing that to their own flyers what do you think we have to look forward to? Look flying as we once knew is has changed at least for the foreseeable future, I define that as the next three to five years. Looking at how the "big three" are going about business today the one carrier that does not seem to have a plan as they continue to "adjusting" their FF program if one can call it that. Taking away, giving back. As a long time AS flyer we knew the management of Alaska were consistent sticking to their long range plan for the most part and considered us their FF Alaska's number one asset. Hell I remember the days when we all got a personal phone call from one of the top management at Christmas let alone those cookies!!

In my humble opinion I think the worst move that AS has done is partnering with AA like they have. While I am on the downside of my road warrior days I still care.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 11:49 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Did the DL status match. First DL flight and I'm 6th on the list as a DM. I haven't been that low on an AS upgrade list in forever. I forgot how elite top heavy they really are.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by rune87
Did the DL status match. First DL flight and I'm 6th on the list as a DM. I haven't been that low on an AS upgrade list in forever. I forgot how elite top heavy they really are.
YOU think AS is top heavy? Two things first many people including a lot of DL elites are not flying much if any these days just wait you'll see who has the top heavy list of elites is should as hell isn't AS over DL. Rude awakening coming for you. As a way of qualifying my comments I have a DL number that begins with 200 thats how long I have had that number going back to when I was based in DC and flying out of National then Tampa. I remember many flights as a Diamond Medallion being five, six 10 on a waitlist out of ATL/DCA/LGA

Yep wait till the business travelers return if they do when they do and how many
Old Oct 29, 2020, 2:09 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by edgewood49
YOU think AS is top heavy? Two things first many people including a lot of DL elites are not flying much if any these days just wait you'll see who has the top heavy list of elites is should as hell isn't AS over DL. Rude awakening coming for you. As a way of qualifying my comments I have a DL number that begins with 200 thats how long I have had that number going back to when I was based in DC and flying out of National then Tampa. I remember many flights as a Diamond Medallion being five, six 10 on a waitlist out of ATL/DCA/LGA

Yep wait till the business travelers return if they do when they do and how many
Dude...Chill. I'm not leaving AS, nor was I saying they were top heavy. Delta is. I came to AS from Delta. Delta provided a unique opportunity via the targeted status match to DM that was too much to resist trying out and acquiring some global upgrades to use in 2021. After being at the very top of the AS upgrade lists or already being upgraded, I was simply remarking that I was reminded of how top heavy Delta is for elites, especially as it's currently slow. I'm doing the 777 last run and I'm currently 16 on the upgrade list. It's a little crazy.
Seat 2A likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by rune87
Dude...Chill. I'm not leaving AS, nor was I saying they were top heavy. Delta is. I came to AS from Delta. Delta provided a unique opportunity via the targeted status match to DM that was too much to resist trying out and acquiring some global upgrades to use in 2021. After being at the very top of the AS upgrade lists or already being upgraded, I was simply remarking that I was reminded of how top heavy Delta is for elites, especially as it's currently slow. I'm doing the 777 last run and I'm currently 16 on the upgrade list. It's a little crazy.
I have seen 30 on upgrade list one time walking by a UA flight out of SFO, THAT'S crazy !! So let me ask this fast forward to 1/1/22 what do you think the landscape will look like on standby list ? Will travel especially business return soon enough as well as what percentage returns ? I think that it will take 2 years for a workable effective vaccine to get into the wild and show results. Now there are studies showing that the immune system depletes its ability to fend off the virus after a certain period of time, ( The study came out of England ) Personally I think business travel will be off by at least 50% for the next few years never to return to the levels pre covid at least in our life time. Tech is working hard to make sure we work remote more and more. Disclaimer I am an old fashion hop on a plane to see a client, averaging 100/130K annually biz. You tell me.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 7:56 am

I guess that due to covid it won't have anything to offer actually
Old Nov 2, 2020, 7:09 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Bose QC35 vs QC15

Curious if any of the Bose sound quality is lost by switching to the QC35 wireless Bluetooth model as opposed to the good old fashioned corded model?
Old Nov 2, 2020, 9:46 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
I think I've got airplane withdrawal. The pavement grating on I-5 northbound of Canyon Creek Pass reminds me of the Q's props.
Klrduks, pcoll and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 8:54 am

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
ANC...I switched about a year ago and I can not tell any difference. The main thing to keep in mind is the QC35 has a rechargeable battery so no actual batteries needed which can be good or bad. I have used them for almost 12 straight hours and it only gets to 50% charged so they have good battery life. Not having a cord is incredible. I did not know how big a deal it was going to be and it has been. I would go for it, especially if you get a good Black Friday deal.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 9:00 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Klrduks
ANC...I switched about a year ago and I can not tell any difference. The main thing to keep in mind is the QC35 has a rechargeable battery so no actual batteries needed which can be good or bad. I have used them for almost 12 straight hours and it only gets to 50% charged so they have good battery life. Not having a cord is incredible. I did not know how big a deal it was going to be and it has been. I would go for it, especially if you get a good Black Friday deal.
Ditto - still usually at half or more battery life after a transcon. And they come w/ a an adapter/cord to plug into devices that aren't bluetooth (IFE screens, tablets, etc)
Klrduks likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.