Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Just another quick anecdote as to why AS customer service is excellent:

I missed a flight this AM because I had an urgent situation that involved buying a walkup fare on United yesterday. I forgot to cancel my AS ticket.
AS was under no obligation to provide any sort of refund or credit because this was purely my fault for breaking the fare rules - AND I was flying on one of their competitors. But nonetheless, they issued a discount code for the value of my ticket which is more than they needed to do.

(and the converse to this story is also true - United's customer service once again disappointed)
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sturges

(and the converse to this story is also true - United's customer service once again disappointed)
Great to hear! I will be taking my first ever United flight on Monday. Maybe not so good there!

James
be_rettSEA and Bellerina like this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:52 pm

What are the west coast destinations that remain all-Boeing from Seattle? Looks to me like SMF, OAK, ONT. Others?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 12:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Great to hear! I will be taking my first ever United flight on Monday. Maybe not so good there!

James

Friends don't let friends fly UA
PABE, Flying for Fun and Bellerina like this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 12:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
What are the west coast destinations that remain all-Boeing from Seattle? Looks to me like SMF, OAK, ONT. Others?
ANC
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
ANC

YLW is proudly all-Bombardier Q400.

James
Klrduks likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:42 am

Really? I haven't been on a flight since July 10th. I am shaking...... I am heading to LAX with a friend who is going back to KGL.

I am doing a Status Match to Premier Platinum with UA and need to earn 18K PQM to retain it through January 2021. Thought that since I was in LA anyway, why not do it all in one run! Destination HKG..... So yes, UA & HKG. At least my very first flight will be in F LAX-SFO if that is any consolation. Route LAX-SFO-HKG-GUM-HNL-SFO-PHX. 20,088 PQM & wait for it..... 8388 Award Miles.

Remember, I am always the first to admit my craziness. I am exempt from PQD and status would be nice if flying SQ for AS accural. I am also interested in UAs new non-stop service EWR-CPT starting in December.

James
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Really? I haven't been on a flight since July 10th. I am shaking...... I am heading to LAX with a friend who is going back to KGL.

I am doing a Status Match to Premier Platinum with UA and need to earn 18K PQM to retain it through January 2021. Thought that since I was in LA anyway, why not do it all in one run! Destination HKG..... So yes, UA & HKG. At least my very first flight will be in F LAX-SFO if that is any consolation. Route LAX-SFO-HKG-GUM-HNL-SFO-PHX. 20,088 PQM & wait for it..... 8388 Award Miles.

Remember, I am always the first to admit my craziness. I am exempt from PQD and status would be nice if flying SQ for AS accural. I am also interested in UAs new non-stop service EWR-CPT starting in December.

James

Did I walk into the wrong room especially flying international on UA? That's punishment. I never fly international on US metal I much prefer service, comfort and eatable food.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
So is EUG. :-)
rustykettel likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G

James
I will be setting up a "Go Fund Me" page to help offset the costs of the years and years of counseling that will be required after this flight. However, there is little chance that will help and you will never be the same again!!! At what airport shall we have the attendants with the multi-belted jacket meet you?

I have trademarked that phrase and will expect a large royalty checked to be delivered to me personally in short order.

I have also trademarked:

Friends don't let enemies fly United
Friends don't let ex-wives fly United and
Friends don't let XXXXX fly United (where (XXXXX) is any organic or non-organic material
Klrduks likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:03 am

On another note has anyone seen a slight decline in the "friendly skies" of Alaska Airlines? More in particular the gate agents. I have had two really bad experiences asking simple questions one that caused me to walk away and open up Delta on my phone to see if there was a open flight to BOI from SEA. If it were not for the fact that there were no decent seats left, all centers I would have taken it. Still pondering writing AS. just hate cut and paste answers
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by edgewood49
On another note has anyone seen a slight decline in the "friendly skies" of Alaska Airlines? More in particular the gate agents. I have had two really bad experiences asking simple questions one that caused me to walk away and open up Delta on my phone to see if there was a open flight to BOI from SEA. If it were not for the fact that there were no decent seats left, all centers I would have taken it. Still pondering writing AS. just hate cut and paste answers
I have not seen that recently. What I have seen is a slight uptick in the service level in the F cabin and the food is better than it was a year ago.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya

James
Did the GUM-HNL earlier this year on UA. Pack snacks and don't get your hopes too high....
Old Aug 14, 2019, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by BOB W
I have not seen that recently. What I have seen is a slight uptick in the service level in the F cabin and the food is better than it was a year ago.
Cabin service is good as is the food offerings, I've got back to back east coast turn arounds coming so good there. I was commenting on gate agents more still little %$#$%# thinking of calling CS today and see what happens
Old Aug 14, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by BOB W
But you're easy to please. As soon as they stopped serving Kirkwood Pasta, it was blue skies...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.