Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by jrl767
AS2488 SEA-BZN — selected “free inflight texting” on Gogo; as I was looking at flights on the Alaska app, my phone buzzed for an incoming email ... lo and behold, FT is available as well
I've received incoming phone calls when connected to free texting
Old Jun 12, 2019, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by safari ari
Sitting in an Aloft in Long Island City, and realized the entire breakfast area was AS cabin crew. Seems interesting they are put up in Long Island City for flights out of JFK. Unless the delays/cancellations forced them that far out. Then again a few months ago the Hilton midtown had a whole bus load of AS cabin crew as well, seems like a very scattered area to put the crew on layovers.
It's always interesting to see where airlines have their crew hotels. For some of the Asian airlines I've seen crews at the former Holiday Inn Civic Center (now BEI Hotel) when flying to/from SFO, though I suppose since they may there for a bit longer for an international turn it makes sense to be a bit closer to the city. Also because multiple asian airlines used that hotel the breakfast options used to contain a significant number of Asian items.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by steveman518
It's always interesting to see where airlines have their crew hotels. For some of the Asian airlines I've seen crews at the former Holiday Inn Civic Center (now BEI Hotel) when flying to/from SFO, though I suppose since they may there for a bit longer for an international turn it makes sense to be a bit closer to the city. Also because multiple asian airlines used that hotel the breakfast options used to contain a significant number of Asian items.
Or the hotel agrees to provide these as part of their contract
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Has anyone tried utilizing the AA lounge at MCO while flying out on AS? Will they let you through security since it’s in a different terminal wing?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Akck
Has anyone tried utilizing the AA lounge at MCO while flying out on AS? Will they let you through security since it’s in a different terminal wing?
So long as you have a same day departure from an airport, I've never heard of someone being turned down for accessing a different part of the terminal. If anyone questions you or tells you you're heading to the wrong terminal, just tell them you're heading there to access the lounge before your flight.
PaperGlider likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
So long as you have a same day departure from an airport, I've never heard of someone being turned down for accessing a different part of the terminal. If anyone questions you or tells you you're heading to the wrong terminal, just tell them you're heading there to access the lounge before your flight.
Specifically stated in AL Membership guidelines for Admiral's Club access.

Due to TSA regulations, partner lounges may not be available when the lounge is in a different terminal than your flight.​​​​​​

At least a disclosure is made that it will be TSA that grants/denies airside access to a terminal you are not flying from.

James
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
This has been my experience.

Note: A TSA agent may inform you that your are trying to enter the "wrong" terminal for your departure. Really this should be considered a helpful bit of information and such information would be welcome for any traveler that may accidentally waste time in the wrong line. I have never been turned away when I say "thanks but I am heading to a lounge in this terminal"

Also, as rettSEA mentioned, this is for departures. It may be helpful to know that a used boarding pass doesn't work at an ARRIVAL airport to get you in through the checkpoints once you exit airside. So once at your destination, no arrival lounging in a different terminal.
be_rettSEA likes this.

Last edited by PaperGlider; Jun 20, 2019 at 12:14 pm Reason: and is not an
Old Jun 20, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Random question - trying to help my parents with maximizing their traveling.

Both my parents are MVP. If one of them books an itinerary with both of them together on it, can get on the first class wait list?
Normally MVP can only wait list when traveling solo, but if your guest is also an MVP, does the system take that into account?

I think it does, based on what they described to me - but I also cannot be 100% certain they're recalling how they booked accurately to me
Old Jun 22, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by nearlysober
Random question - trying to help my parents with maximizing their traveling.

Both my parents are MVP. If one of them books an itinerary with both of them together on it, can get on the first class wait list?
Normally MVP can only wait list when traveling solo, but if your guest is also an MVP, does the system take that into account?

I think it does, based on what they described to me - but I also cannot be 100% certain they're recalling how they booked accurately to me
In my experience, no. When my parents (both MVP) were flying together, we had to call in to split the PNR to get them onto the upgrade list
Old Jun 22, 2019, 6:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Akck
I used The Club at MCO this year. Be ready to allow for enough transit and security time.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
nearlysober likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 10:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by beckoa
I used The Club at MCO this year. Be ready to allow for enough transit and security time.
Thanks. The boss thinks the distance is too big and she doesn’t want to make the trek.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Total unsubstantiated speculation-- QX will be the so far unannounced launch customer for the SpaceJet M100, and will exit their shrunken Q400 fleet entirely.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/19/airl...al-market.html
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Total unsubstantiated speculation-- QX will be the so far unannounced launch customer for the SpaceJet M100, and will exit their shrunken Q400 fleet entirely.

there is only one thing that makes me more uncomfortable that the QX and that is my ex wife
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K / HIlton Diamond
Originally Posted by rustykettel

I really doubt it. With their E-175 fleet they're already replacing Q-400 on most longer routes, and I just don't see Alaska jumping on a new type again - but it would come down to economics on the really short hops, where the Q400 does really well, comfort be damned.
jinglish likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.