The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 20, 17, 7:13 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: CDKing
Wiki Link
Welcome to the * -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 12, 19, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by jrl767 View Post
AS2488 SEA-BZN — selected “free inflight texting” on Gogo; as I was looking at flights on the Alaska app, my phone buzzed for an incoming email ... lo and behold, FT is available as well
I've received incoming phone calls when connected to free texting
Old Jun 12, 19, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by safari ari View Post
Sitting in an Aloft in Long Island City, and realized the entire breakfast area was AS cabin crew. Seems interesting they are put up in Long Island City for flights out of JFK. Unless the delays/cancellations forced them that far out. Then again a few months ago the Hilton midtown had a whole bus load of AS cabin crew as well, seems like a very scattered area to put the crew on layovers.
It's always interesting to see where airlines have their crew hotels. For some of the Asian airlines I've seen crews at the former Holiday Inn Civic Center (now BEI Hotel) when flying to/from SFO, though I suppose since they may there for a bit longer for an international turn it makes sense to be a bit closer to the city. Also because multiple asian airlines used that hotel the breakfast options used to contain a significant number of Asian items.
Old Jun 13, 19, 8:11 am

Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by steveman518 View Post
It's always interesting to see where airlines have their crew hotels. For some of the Asian airlines I've seen crews at the former Holiday Inn Civic Center (now BEI Hotel) when flying to/from SFO, though I suppose since they may there for a bit longer for an international turn it makes sense to be a bit closer to the city. Also because multiple asian airlines used that hotel the breakfast options used to contain a significant number of Asian items.
Or the hotel agrees to provide these as part of their contract