Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by pcoll

reminded me that we recently had dinner with friends here in SEA. During conversation, he disclosed he was 3MM.!!
My first thought, damn, that is a lot of butt in the seat miles!! He mostly commented on how there is no recognition when he travels now and is surprised at this.
Hope your experience is a good one. Congrats.
I met someone at the Portland Boardroom who lives in Eugene an insurance adjustor who at that time was marching to 3mm. That's a lot on a domestic carrier I can see that guy doing those miles as an adjustor.

By the by of anyone remembers Rene the manager at the PDX BR, she died suddenly of an aneurism, so sad. Frank has taken over as manager ( well deserved I might add)
Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Just when I thought a ground crew couldn't beat ATL's IDGAF attitude, I think I'm going to have to award that to EWR's crew now. Check-ins could of cared less bout people this morning or the lines waiting. She and he were talking story, paying only the minimal attention to customers as needed. Another Gold made a comment to me while I was inline at the gate about the same thing.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
There seems to be some shortage of E175s at the moment- the dreaded Q400 seat map just showed up on my Tuesday PDX-OAK flight and I see it’s at least Q400 for a few days. A very unwelcome return for my last week of commuting
Four days in a row of AS2537 Q400 service, but as of now, back to E175 for tomorrow.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 7:00 pm
T2A

Programs: Alaska MVPG
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
Four days in a row of AS2537 Q400 service, but as of now, back to E175 for tomorrow.
Speaking of E175, today i found my least favorite seat on that aircraft... 6B. Its odd being right where the aisle curves and everyone bumps into you.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:21 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
https://blog.alaskaair.com/alaska-ai...sub-pop-plane/

Beautiful paint! I really like it. The snarky side of me wants to add that the tie up brings to mind an undesired reaction- two companies whose best work is in the past and are coasting on their reputation.
jinglish likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by rustykettel
https://blog.alaskaair.com/alaska-ai...sub-pop-plane/

Beautiful paint! I really like it. The snarky side of me wants to add that the tie up brings to mind an undesired reaction- two companies whose best work is in the past and are coasting on their reputation.

OUCH
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: AS
I especially like the comment AS makes in the piece ....”.we like to do things differently.”....
Well, not so much anymore.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by pcoll
I especially like the comment AS makes in the piece ....”.we like to do things differently.”....
Well, not so much anymore.

For me "downhill" was when they stopped sending the cookies at Christmas
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:13 am

I finally passed through my million mile several weeks ago and when the email came from Alaska offering a choice of thank you's I chose the plane which I selected. That plane came yesterday it's a nice one however I was a little disappointed that AS did not include a small plaque on the base with your name or such making the model personal. Just saying. Other than that I am glad to get this over with ! I started fling AS in 2003 taking two brief "vacations" one being the mechanical meltdown issues they had and the other long haul runs when their east coast network was slim to none. I can honestly say out has been enjoyable. Is AS the same as it was then no but they had to change to survive. If there was anything I could have asked for would be a true alliance I say that selfishly as I do travel international there have been times when it would have been nice.

That's it fly on or as we use to say in the AF "Check Six"
DrAlex likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:12 am

Congratulations edgewood49!
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:17 am

Congratulations edgewood49!

Thank you !! by my count I have a million on AS and a million combined DL/UA from living on the east coast. that's 2 million and a very flat ... !!!!!
DrAlex likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by edgewood49
I finally passed through my million mile several weeks ago and when the email came from Alaska offering a choice of thank you's I chose the plane which I selected. That plane came yesterday it's a nice one however I was a little disappointed that AS did not include a small plaque on the base with your name or such making the model personal. Just saying. Other than that I am glad to get this over with ! I started fling AS in 2003 taking two brief "vacations" one being the mechanical meltdown issues they had and the other long haul runs when their east coast network was slim to none. I can honestly say out has been enjoyable. Is AS the same as it was then no but they had to change to survive. If there was anything I could have asked for would be a true alliance I say that selfishly as I do travel international there have been times when it would have been nice.

That's it fly on or as we use to say in the AF "Check Six"
'Grats! ^

What were the other options?
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Thank you !! by my count I have a million on AS and a million combined DL/UA from living on the east coast. that's 2 million and a very flat ... !!!!!
Buy a cushion! You're going for 2MM on AS now, right?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:02 pm

Buy a cushion! You're going for 2MM on AS now, right?
"Donut" !!!!!
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
'Grats! ^

What were the other options?
Six months of wine club was one not overly impressive wine forgot the other when I go back to my email it won't let me open the choices.. Took the airplane looks good in my den and will give to grandson one day.

Anyway glad its over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.