Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
I had to book a flight on DL for work and the agents I've dealt with so far are just awful. I've had a Skymiles number since I was 5 years old and flew them religiously (95% of the time) up until I switched to AS last year. Even something as simple as trying to use a gift certificate on an upgrade is a massive PITA, including a sassy agent who responded with "....I don't know how to explain it that it will make sense to someone....like you."

Thank goodness I fly AS back.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by CDKing
Currently watching a show on Netflix about people traveling from Australia and New Zealand to Thailand for cosmetic surgery. As expected the show some quick cuts of a Thai Airways plane. Then they show a video clip of a plane landing and its Alaska Airlines. I guess its cheaper to buy stock video of AS landing in the US than to get a clip of a plane landing in Phuket?

AS' newest destination

I know... that'd be very bizarre.

Greetings from 2A on JL 10. Didn't know they gave out wifi in the front...
UAPremierExec likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by beckoa
AS' newest destination

I know... that'd be very bizarre.

Greetings from 2A on JL 10. Didn't know they gave out wifi in the front...
Welcome back
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Ugh. Upcoming work trip approved day after looking at flights. P zeroed out overnight. Now $800+ to upfare from lowest coach. Yeah, no thanks. F7 D7 P0 with only three seats taken on a 16 seat seatmap (I know, I know... seatmaps are not predictors of cabin bookings...). Cmon AS Revenue Management, just add one back to the P bucket...
Woo hoo! Pleas have been answered! P6, er P5 now.

Sure hope the waitlisted segment clears. Anyone know where P falls on the fare class upgrade spectrum? I couldn't find it on the AS chart. Maybe it's not eligible? As a Gold, I'm still behind any 75K so fingers crossed...

()
Attached Images  
Old Apr 8, 2018, 6:57 pm

Woo hoo! Pleas have been answered! P6, er P5 now.

Sure hope the waitlisted segment clears. Anyone know where P falls on the fare class upgrade spectrum? I couldn't find it on the AS chart. Maybe it's not eligible? As a Gold, I'm still behind any 75K so fingers crossed...

()
I had a KOA-SEA flight that was showing me as First (F), and below that as waitlisted. The SEA-KOA segment was in K, so once I cleared to U the return leg stopped showing me as waitlisted. I think there is just something screwy with mixed-class itineraries.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
I once got dinged myself and the only thing AS could say was sorry and I had screen shot!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:50 pm

AF reward space showing back up

IS it me or is AF starting to show back up for reward space ? So far I am only seeing coach from the west coast to Europe hopefully some biz will show up. BA is awful so is AA with AIR FRANCE being the better option to Europe
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49
IS it me or is AF starting to show back up for reward space ? So far I am only seeing coach from the west coast to Europe hopefully some biz will show up. BA is awful so is AA with AIR FRANCE being the better option to Europe
13 shopping days left...
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:22 pm

13 shopping days left...

I hate to ask this but what am I missing ?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:25 pm

I hate to say this but you got me !!! I did not pay any attention to AF dropping us. $#$%#@%is That leaves BA and AA crossing the eastern pond! Icelandic Air is there as well took them once ok, just ok.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:26 pm

I hate to say this but you got me !!! I did not pay any attention to AF dropping us. $#$%#@%is That leaves BA and AA crossing the eastern pond! Icelandic Air is there as well took them once ok, just ok.
And KLM is going too. I liked their EuroBusiness although the upright recline was a bit too far back. No plastic tray over the middle seat so could raise the armrests and the catering blows away AS F by a country mile, certainly on a comparable length.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:21 am

And KLM is going too. I liked their EuroBusiness although the upright recline was a bit too far back. No plastic tray over the middle seat so could raise the armrests and the catering blows away AS F by a country mile, certainly on a comparable length.
But their food was worst than BA
Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:17 am

But their food was worst than BA
The secret to BA catering is to always pre-order the chicken tikka on any flight that has it, and otherwise ask the CSR to set aside a steak to be cooked rare. It'll come out medium well, but it's better than the usual shoe leather. And occasionally it even ends up as medium rare!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by quemalo
The secret to BA catering is to always pre-order the chicken tikka on any flight that has it, and otherwise ask the CSR to set aside a steak to be cooked rare. It'll come out medium well, but it's better than the usual shoe leather. And occasionally it even ends up as medium rare!
Ironic coming from you, because when a FA sees your name, the first inclination is that you'll tell him/her to burn it.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:18 am

its great!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.