Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
im flying BOS-PDX today.. will be curious as to our path.

Also, it seems Alaska doesn't like Cape Air. My res starts with them, was ticketed on AS stock, but the app won't recognize my Alaska PNR, nor can I manage it online. Im also not on the upgrade list (I initially asked to be removed out of fear of getting row 4 and having the plane downgraded to an -800). I feel lost.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
im flying BOS-PDX today.. will be curious as to our path.

Also, it seems Alaska doesn't like Cape Air. My res starts with them, was ticketed on AS stock, but the app won't recognize my Alaska PNR, nor can I manage it online. Im also not on the upgrade list (I initially asked to be removed out of fear of getting row 4 and having the plane downgraded to an -800). I feel lost.
Up over the Great Lakes across ND, MT and arching down usually along the river
Old Feb 26, 2018, 7:21 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
My BWI-SFO dropped down to 5hrs 40 mins on Saturday. A few days before it was a record (for me) 6hrs 20 mins. We did fly past the Great Lakes passing right over Holland, Michigan, on Saturday. Past trips haven't done that, flying further south.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by tom911
My BWI-SFO dropped down to 5hrs 40 mins on Saturday. A few days before it was a record (for me) 6hrs 20 mins. We did fly past the Great Lakes passing right over Holland, Michigan, on Saturday. Past trips haven't done that, flying further south.

JS dropped down low front a front coming in from Alaska results snow and more snow in Idaho
Old Feb 26, 2018, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Of course we get the transcanadian routing though only scheduled at 6 hours (20 min late scheduled arrival). Though gogo has not cut out yet thankfully.

Old Feb 26, 2018, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
Of course we get the transcanadian routing though only scheduled at 6 hours (20 min late scheduled arrival). Though gogo has not cut out yet thankfully.

Over top the storms
Old Feb 26, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
MCO-LAX VX 1315 clocked in at just under 6 hours last night.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by BOB W
MCO-LAX VX 1315 clocked in at just under 6 hours last night.
Everything out of BOS was weight restricted this evening. Got excited thinking i should be booking w/ bump opportunity like 2 weeks ago BUT the announcements were related to Weight and Balance and not being overweight. On a side note as i was checking in and the VX rep was spending 20 min trying to figure short check my bags. SO many MVPG took up another agents times trying to jump the upgrade list, not sure why they were in such a tizzy over F but no U because it was poor mans Y back there.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Next week's return flight:

F6 D6 P0 U0 A0

Has been A0 since booking. C'mon AS, throw me a fricken bone here.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:19 pm

So tomorrow morning's AS 12 was canceled, managed to get rebooked onto a 1stop tonight. Just looked at the reservation, and the agent changed my return leg from F to Y. So now I get to spend 45 more minutes on hold ( on the priority line ) to try and get it changed back to F.

And I'll probably have to argue for ORC for the flights later, since I've been rebooked onto American.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
I love the 20 min bag guarantee. Currently 6/7 on bags being tardy this year. Last year I never got to use it. Gotta find the positive in getting extra miles.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:17 am
T2A

Programs: Alaska MVPG
Originally Posted by rune87
I love the 20 min bag guarantee. Currently 6/7 on bags being tardy this year. Last year I never got to use it. Gotta find the positive in getting extra miles.
Lucky, I only had one last year.

I think I'll start checking an empty bag every time I fly, up my odds.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:10 am

ETA: Apparently the app can't handle it and deleted the final segment. Still can't check in. Reservation looks ok on the website.
Attached Images  

Last edited by rustykettel; Mar 3, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by T2A
Lucky, I only had one last year.

I think I'll start checking an empty bag every time I fly, up my odds.
I think I had maybe two last year. Its the only reason Ive been checking a bag now.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:07 am

Oversold flight so counter cut off checkin right at T-40, walked up 3 minutes late. Grrr... missus was waiting for me to park the car. Should have sent her up to the counter first.

Rebooked to bypass PDX-SEA. My streak of booking but not flying mainline PDX-SEA continues. Was looking forward to a strong coffee on that flight.

ETA: Aaand no Alaska Lounge. No F BP, no access, regardless of A booking. But I'll be getting a refund of miles according to the lounge staffer. Yeah, doesn't work that way for partner awards.

Last edited by rustykettel; Mar 4, 2018 at 8:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.