Wiki Posts
Search

Board Room Access on F/C Award Tickets

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2008, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Board Room Access on F/C Award Tickets

Do those traveling on first class award tickets (not upgrades) on AS have access to Board Room lounges without being members?
Old Feb 23, 2008, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Yes. Booked in A (award F) ok. Booked in U (upgraded) no.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 6:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Wow, you learn something every day. Thank you very much. ^
Old Feb 24, 2008, 5:29 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
I probably shouldn't say this out loud (and maybe it's 'cause they've gotten used to seeing me at the lounges I frequent) but has anyone else noticed a ... lack of scrutiny ... to boarding passes in the Boardroom? Most days I just waltz on in (and I'm not even trying to be sneaky about it- I say "Hello" and everything ...)
Old Feb 24, 2008, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Yes. Booked in A (award F) ok. Booked in U (upgraded) no.
Hmm - mrs. gleff flew award F a few months ago and I sent her to the boardroom with a day pass. As I thought only paid F got complimentary boardroom access!

How do the agents distinguish eligible F boarding passes from ineligible ones?
Old Feb 24, 2008, 7:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by gleff
How do the agents distinguish eligible F boarding passes from ineligible ones?
I guess the BR people look at the boarding passes, and check the specific fare bucket it was ticketed in. On the boarding pass, first is listed your seat assignment, followed by the flight number, and then the booking class (or U in case of an UG)... That is my assumption at least...
Old Feb 24, 2008, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA, WN, AS, CO, SPG, HGP, FPC
It's determined by the booking class, not the fare paid. If you've paid for First, even if you're doing it with miles, you're allowed entry. The class that will keep you out is U or lower. There are some other restrictions for reciprocal agreements:

DCA: CO Presidents Club. No A Class.

DEN: Delta Crown Room. No A Class.

ORD: Delta Crown Room. No A Class, only valid for pax immediately departing on AS metal. AS*AA flights not allowed in any class of service.

BOS: USAirways Club. Board Room members only.

Last edited by UnitedRhapsody; Feb 24, 2008 at 8:58 pm
Old Feb 25, 2008, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
So paid F works at the DCA CO club? Didn't know that either!
Old Feb 25, 2008, 11:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by gleff
So paid F works at the DCA CO club? Didn't know that either!
No kiddin'! The AS site made it seem that no matter your fare class/booking class that if you weren't a BR member you couldn't get into reciprocal clubs. This is good to know!
Old Feb 25, 2008, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA, WN, AS, CO, SPG, HGP, FPC
That's what the star says. However reciprocal lounge agents aren't always familiar with the policies and don't have access to Alaska's stars, so it's still a crapshoot. It's far from a perfect syste.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 2:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
My mom just booked a saver F award- she'll be excited to know she can wait for her flight in the BR. ANC BR closes just as the ANC-ORD flight leaves. It will be her first time flying in F...she is psyched.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 7:23 am

Programs: AAEXP 3+MM, Marriott Plt and Plt for life, Hyatt Diamond
I am an American Airline exec plat and I am flying AS to Seattle this week. Can I get in to the lounge. I am also NW Gold. The tickets are coach fares upgraded to First.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 9:54 am

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
No AA and AS sharing of lounges

Originally Posted by flyinghome
I am an American Airline exec plat and I am flying AS to Seattle this week. Can I get in to the lounge. I am also NW Gold. The tickets are coach fares upgraded to First.
No, there is no more sharing of lounges between AS and AA now. Upgraded to FC fares (U) are not eligible for boardroom. You might be able to pay $25 to get in though...BTW, it couldn't hurt to complain to AA about the lack of access to AS boardrooms since I think they're the ones that stopped sharing with AS.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Duckouttahere
No, there is no more sharing of lounges between AS and AA now. Upgraded to FC fares (U) are not eligible for boardroom. You might be able to pay $25 to get in though...BTW, it couldn't hurt to complain to AA about the lack of access to AS boardrooms since I think they're the ones that stopped sharing with AS.
Or complain to AA on the lack of an Admiral Club at SeaTac.
Old May 10, 2008, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UnitedRhapsody
It's determined by the booking class, not the fare paid. If you've paid for First, even if you're doing it with miles, you're allowed entry. The class that will keep you out is U or lower. There are some other restrictions for reciprocal agreements:

DCA: CO Presidents Club. No A Class.
Is there anything to substantiate the DCA CO club allowing paid AS F pax?

Under boardroom access, the AS website says:
Passengers ticketed in First Class in either F or A class have access to the Alaska Airlines Board Room included in their ticket (excluding reciprocal agreements with other airline clubrooms).
(emphasis mine.)

This would suggest paid F doesn't get CO lounge access.

But I'd love to know otherwise, and be able to substantiate it if questioned at the CO club at DCA.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.