Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Blue starting SEA-LGB and SEA-SAN

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2008, 2:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
what interests me is that the SAN service is only once a day, and its seasonal.

odd pair for seasonal to me.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 3:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Delta Platinum, Alaska Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by sxf24
If you want steak and AS isn't serving it, find an airline that is.
I figured if I kept the metaphor simple and primal, it might make sense even to certain other loyalists. My only response to you is that I have to the tune of about 25K in fares that would have gone to AS. last year. To that end if the idea is to switch your best customers, congratulations........success is yours.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 5:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pdxasgold
I figured if I kept the metaphor simple and primal, it might make sense even to certain other loyalists. My only response to you is that I have to the tune of about 25K in fares that would have gone to AS. last year. To that end if the idea is to switch your best customers, congratulations........success is yours.
Hey, I'm loyal to the airline that meets my needs. If AS no longer meets yours, that's fine. This is not an industry where a company can be everything to everyone.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 1:09 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by CZBB
Not enough range. For an airline flight you need to carry enough fuel for;
(flight to destination given current/predicted weather
+ fuel from primary to alternate landing site with equiv or better weather fcst, probably Fairbanks/FAI
+ fuel for 30 min)
+ 10%
OK, I might be wrong on parts of the formula -or using the Canadian version- but you get the idea.

While the E190 has the legs for the initial hop, it would probably not have enough reserves given the distance between ANC and FAI, and unpredictable weather.

HOWEVER, an E190 operating SEA-ANC (or even LGB-SEA-ANC), connecting with B6's LGB-SEA and JFK-SEA flights, is a possibility.
AC uses the E190 on YVR-ANC. B6 using it on SEA-ANC wouldn't be out of the question if they wanted to fly to ANC.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 9:00 am
formerly ASTechGuy

I see AC using the A319 YVR-ANC-YVR (seasonal), but I can't find any evidence that they're using the E190 at all up there. Where are you finding that info?
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:01 am

Programs: Alaska MVP 100K
I've seen the AC emb190 in Anchorage. That was last summer, so maybe they've switched aircraft for the winter schedule.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by ASTechGuy
I see AC using the A319 YVR-ANC-YVR (seasonal), but I can't find any evidence that they're using the E190 at all up there. Where are you finding that info?

AC used the E190 most days last summer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.