Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Asking for the cheeseburger instead of the main up front

Old Jan 22, 08, 1:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Does anyone ever ask for the cheeseburger (or 2) instead of the main up front? It's really my favorite meal in the air. I upgraded the other day and felt somewhat disappointed that the chicken I had was not nearly as good. I was plenty hungry too. Has anyone ever done this?
Old Jan 22, 08, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by thegeneral View Post
Does anyone ever ask for the cheeseburger (or 2) instead of the main up front? It's really my favorite meal in the air. I upgraded the other day and felt somewhat disappointed that the chicken I had was not nearly as good. I was plenty hungry too. Has anyone ever done this?
I've asked for a burger on a SEA-ORD (I think this was the routing... may have been to BOS...) in addition to the meal served in F, (yes I was hungry!).
Old Jan 22, 08, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Have not yet been in a position to get the meal, but when I find myself in such a situation, I will certainly let the FA know ahead of time that if they had an extra burger, I had an extra $5.
Old Jan 22, 08, 8:54 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by thegeneral View Post
I got a surprise upgrade coming home from ORD last year (first on the list, everyone checked in, one guy didn't show) and opted for the burger instead of the pizza. Glad I did, too!
Old Jan 22, 08, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I have a feeling in a few days on an evening/night near 6 hour CUN/SFO "snack" flight in F, I'll be hoping there's something left from the back.
Old Jan 25, 08, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
I have a feeling in a few days on an evening/night near 6 hour CUN/SFO "snack" flight in F, I'll be hoping there's something left from the back.
I'll bet you will. That flight has the same F service as all the other Mexico "resort flights," which is pretty minimal. It's ok for a 2 hour lax-sjd, but for 6 hr cun-sfo it's pretty weak. I should note that the GDL and MEX flights have a more transcon style service.
Old Jan 25, 08, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sltlyamusd View Post
I'll bet you will. That flight has the same F service as all the other Mexico "resort flights," which is pretty minimal. It's ok for a 2 hour lax-sjd, but for 6 hr cun-sfo it's pretty weak. I should note that the GDL and MEX flights have a more transcon style service.
Well, after a 2 hour delay, SFO/CUN was a turkey croissant with some greens on the same plate, a chocolate nibbins, and a prayer. The prayer did not come with extra food. The Y ´deluxe´food was a turkey sandwich, so I didn´t seek more. I didn´t want a snackbox
Old Jan 26, 08, 7:43 am
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
I do it regularly,includng the other day on fllght 14 SEA-EWR. They are happy to do it for you. Presumably one of the crew will have your regular meal, and, of course, it increases the choices for others. You do, however, have to ask for the rest of the setup (apppetizer, etc.) or you may not get it. It's fun to watch the looks on the faces of some of the other first class folks, who, if they'd known, probably would have done the same thing.
Old Jan 27, 08, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, CUN/SFO "snack" is the pizza w/small salad or the burger and chips. I had the burger/chips, and asked for the salad, too. It was really a marginal meal for a 6 hour trip. About 4 hours into the trip, I had a snackbox. Service was pleasant (had same crew both ways).
Old Jan 27, 08, 5:22 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
oh wow somebody actually likes those microwavable style burgers.

Search this Thread