Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Empty Seats in F?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2019, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
had I been less distracted leaving home at 0730 I would have remembered to grab my soft laptop case that has a yellow FlyerTalk luggage tag attached
Old Jul 24, 2019, 10:44 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
TH was next on flight for UG from SFO tonight. Someone in F got off plane and no one could be bothered to process the next in line’s UG. I think she’ll alaska listens them a new one. I’ve had FAs be empowered enough to pull the next person on list up to the empty seat because the GA is too overwhelmed or lazy to process the UG. Today, this was not the case.

Old Jul 25, 2019, 12:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by lalala
TH was next on flight for UG from SFO tonight. Someone in F got off plane and no one could be bothered to process the next in line’s UG. I think she’ll alaska listens them a new one. I’ve had FAs be empowered enough to pull the next person on list up to the empty seat because the GA is too overwhelmed or lazy to process the UG. Today, this was not the case.

What was the destination? Not that it matters, just curious. Disappointing for sure.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by lalala

unless the agent tells them, the FA’s have no way of knowing who’s next on the list.
williwaw likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by beckoa
What was the destination? Not that it matters, just curious. Disappointing for sure.
SEA
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by AS Flyer

unless the agent tells them, the FA’s have no way of knowing who’s next on the list.
good to know
Old Jul 25, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA1K
AS627 JFK-SFO yesterday. 1 empty seat in F. several people that were 'awaiting seats' on the app got put into F. as of 2 hours before the flight, there were 10 empty seats in F. some fortunate people yesterday morning.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by haddon90
AS627 JFK-SFO yesterday. 1 empty seat in F. several people that were 'awaiting seats' on the app got put into F. as of 2 hours before the flight, there were 10 empty seats in F. some fortunate people yesterday morning.
Likely non-revs - have been on a late night SAN-SEA where I was the only one upgraded, along w/ about 10 FAs from the standby list.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Likely non-revs - have been on a late night SAN-SEA where I was the only one upgraded, along w/ about 10 FAs from the standby list.
I would like AS Flyer to comment on this. It is my understanding that non-revs will never be in first UNLESS all other sources are exhausted (status, paid upgrades, etc.). This excludes pilots who are dead heading greater than five hours (or maybe 4). I have numerous AS pilot friends who non-rev that are stuck in the back while I am enjoying my Titos up front on an upgrade.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA1K
there were only 3 people on the initial upgrade list and i believe 13 people 'awaiting seat assignments'
Old Jul 25, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by JacksonFlyer
I would like AS Flyer to comment on this. It is my understanding that non-revs will never be in first UNLESS all other sources are exhausted (status, paid upgrades, etc.). This excludes pilots who are dead heading greater than five hours (or maybe 4). I have numerous AS pilot friends who non-rev that are stuck in the back while I am enjoying my Titos up front on an upgrade.
I've seen an empty F cabin be filled at the gate by non-revs multiple times.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I've seen an empty F cabin be filled at the gate by non-revs multiple times.
Well...my post was directed at an employee (I assume) but your response suggests that non-rev trumps status and sold upgrades...not my experience..but hey, maybe I am wrong
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*

Well...my post was directed at an employee (I assume) but your response suggests that non-rev trumps status and sold upgrades...not my experience..but hey, maybe I am wrong
No one is suggesting any such a thing. Your post directed at the employee was in response to a post that was responding to another post about an empty F cabin that still went out with 1 seat open, but was almost filled by likely non-revs close to departure. If there had been anyone with status, they would've cleared first, but being that it was a late night flight without demand, there was not.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle

A few months ago on a Horizon E175 I was #1 and a coworker was #2 on the UG list for two open FC seats. I got the UG but my coworker did not. It went to a Horizon Pilot, so we chatted a bit about that among other things. He indicated that it is in his contract that he gets to fly in first. Two other people (FAs he said) said hi as they walked past us to the back. I don't recall if he was dead heading or not, but thought it interesting that it was in his contract to take a FC seat
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by ctporter
A few months ago on a Horizon E175 I was #1 and a coworker was #2 on the UG list for two open FC seats. I got the UG but my coworker did not. It went to a Horizon Pilot, so we chatted a bit about that among other things. He indicated that it is in his contract that he gets to fly in first. Two other people (FAs he said) said hi as they walked past us to the back. I don't recall if he was dead heading or not, but thought it interesting that it was in his contract to take a FC seat
No, that is true, Pilots have that written into their contract but that is for flights over 4 or 5 hours (trancons, Hawaii). This was a subject on a previous thread months ago. I understand that if there are no other takers, non-revs may be upgraded to first, my comment was based on my interpretation of posts here suggesting that non-revs were put into first (nod, nod, wink, wink) above others paying passengers that should be. My mistake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.