Wiki Posts
Search

MVP/G Benefit Changes?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2007, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, DL Silv
Question MVP/G Benefit Changes?

Recently went out to the alaskair.com site for a refresher on MVP/G benefits, and couldn't find the reference to the mileage bonus once one crosses the 75k annual mileage threshold. Has this benefit disappeared?

Also, noticed that there's now an asterisk beside fee waiver, and the foonote states "* Ticket Change Fees not waived during check-in.". What does this actually mean? Please help the confused understand....
Old Sep 17, 2007, 7:47 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by smantl01
Recently went out to the alaskair.com site for a refresher on MVP/G benefits, and couldn't find the reference to the mileage bonus once one crosses the 75k annual mileage threshold. Has this benefit disappeared?

Also, noticed that there's now an asterisk beside fee waiver, and the foonote states "* Ticket Change Fees not waived during check-in.". What does this actually mean? Please help the confused understand....
You still get the 50K bonus after flying 75K
Old Sep 17, 2007, 8:07 pm

Programs: AS/MVP, *Wood G

Click on the link you provided, scroll to the bottom of the second section (title is Mileage Accrual) and read the last (second) line.

Shows this:
50,000 Bonus Miles when you fly 75,000 actual flight miles in a calendar year on Alaska Airlines, Horizon Air, American Airlines, Air France, Delta Air Lines, LAN, KLM, or Northwest Airlines

I am not sure what it is about AS website, but I have a hard time finding stuff sometimes. Probably has something to do with being in a hurry most of the time.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 8:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

I think this refers to the relatively new system of "same day as flight confirmed changes" for $25. So it is this change fee that I think it is referencing...if someone opts to travel on an earlier or later flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.