Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelling an AS50 Reservation

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2007, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines, Air Canada, Westjet Rewards
Cancelling an AS50 Reservation

I am booked from YVR to SJD (Los Cabos) in February. I am traveling on AS 50 reward and am thinking of cancelling my February trip and rebooking it for June 2008. I travel with my dog and since Westjet is now flying non-stop from YVR, I would like to give them a try. It would be so nice not to have to connect in the US and I can go back in June sans perro! What are the penalities I can expect for rebooking or cancelling completely?
Old Aug 16, 2007, 5:19 pm

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bajacondo
I am booked from YVR to SJD (Los Cabos) in February. I am traveling on AS 50 reward and am thinking of cancelling my February trip and rebooking it for June 2008. I travel with my dog and since Westjet is now flying non-stop from YVR, I would like to give them a try. It would be so nice not to have to connect in the US and I can go back in June sans perro! What are the penalities I can expect for rebooking or cancelling completely?
Rebooking an AS50 is the same as any other purchased ticket. If it is a non-refundable fare, you wil be assessed the $50 change fee plus any difference in fare. The miles you used will stil apply up to $250USD off the fare. If the new fare is lower, however, you won't get anything back. You have one year from the outbound date of travel, in your case Feb. 2009, to complete travel on the ticket. If it is a refundable fare, you can pay the $50 re-deposit fee (waived for MVPG) to have the miles put back nto your account and you will receive the $$ paid back to your CC.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines, Air Canada, Westjet Rewards
Muchas gracias!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.