Disappointed in the new schedule

Old Sep 4, 2006, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Disappointed in the new schedule

Just checked the new schwedule and I see that the braintrust has determined yet again that placing a AS non stop to ONT and BUR from PDX is not in the cards. Unbelievable that they still wont bring oine flight a day to those markets from PDX. I mention it everytime I get the chance to anyone at AS that will listen and although the pat answer is hmmmmm maybe that is a good idea we should look into that. Nothing. Having written to Management and expressed opinions at Gold Luncheons, sending in comment cards and numerous emails...... with no apparent success anyone have any ideas. One flight a day each way is not a lot to expect form Alaska or is it?
Old Sep 5, 2006, 3:20 am

Programs: AA EXP
Let me go out on a limb. But I have a feeling the people running the airline probably know where they're going to make a profit.

If we could get a non stop PHX-BOI that would make me way happy but I don't see it happening.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 8:58 am

Programs: AS; WN; UA
Originally Posted by Ty Vil
Let me go out on a limb. But I have a feeling the people running the airline probably know where they're going to make a profit.

If we could get a non stop PHX-BOI that would make me way happy but I don't see it happening.
I would be ecstatic with a NS PHX-BOI. I'd even be happy if it was on a DH4 on Horizon!

I too am not to thrilled with the new schedule. I used to be able to catch a 5:00pm SEA-PHX and connect to BOI, but now the flights are 2:30pm and 7:30pm so I have to take that time off of work to drive to PHX to catch the plane.... *sigh*
Old Sep 5, 2006, 4:19 pm

It doesn't look like anything really changed on the PHX-PDX route (essentially the route I constantly fly) except that all flights are being operated with 737's instead of a 737/MD-80 mix now.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by bcalsk
Just checked the new schwedule and I see that the braintrust has determined yet again that placing a AS non stop to ONT and BUR from PDX is not in the cards. Unbelievable that they still wont bring oine flight a day to those markets from PDX. I mention it everytime I get the chance to anyone at AS that will listen and although the pat answer is hmmmmm maybe that is a good idea we should look into that. Nothing. Having written to Management and expressed opinions at Gold Luncheons, sending in comment cards and numerous emails...... with no apparent success anyone have any ideas. One flight a day each way is not a lot to expect form Alaska or is it?
@:-) Funny you should mention this. I was thinking the very same thing last week as I worked both ONT and BUR during my trip and they were both either full or overbooked. Seems like 1 or 2 a day is not such an extraordinary request.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 10:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Looks like ANC-PDX will be seeing the 739 and 738 for the early part of winter. Good news--more upgrade space, and more slightly more capacity on this extremely underserved route.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 11:29 pm

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.
Originally Posted by Chugach
Looks like ANC-PDX will be seeing the 739 and 738 for the early part of winter. Good news--more upgrade space, and more slightly more capacity on this extremely underserved route.
Last winter this was operated with a 737-400 and we were maxing out on weight almost every night. We carry a fair amount of cargo between ANC and PDX. The ramp is certainly glad to see a larger aircraft and is rooting for an -800 over a -900! ^
Old Sep 6, 2006, 1:12 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by eastwest
Last winter this was operated with a 737-400 and we were maxing out on weight almost every night. We carry a fair amount of cargo between ANC and PDX. The ramp is certainly glad to see a larger aircraft and is rooting for an -800 over a -900! ^
I think you and I have had this conversation a couple times before, but AS is dropping the ball on ANC-PDX. Portland is perfectly positioned as a reliever hub for SEA, and for whatever reason, they keep dumping everything through SEA. They could easily fill up a second daytime flight through the winter on connections alone.

My conspiracy theory (maybe it's not even a conspiracy) is that AS underserves ANC-PDX on purpose to subsidize the QX shuttle between SEA-PDX.

Anyway, it will be nice, and appreciated, to see the larger aircraft on this route.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 5:18 am

The schedule only seems to change during certain weeks. We're going to be seeing 739's on the PHX-PDX route.

Strange indeed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.