Community
Wiki Posts
Search

rumor i heard about WN...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2006, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger
perhaps WN sees an advantage to starting to bringing service to a "monopoly" market.
The real monopoly market in Alaska is something like JNU (where driving to another airport is not an option, and AS is REALLY the only one providing commercial flights to beyond Alaska), with all the other airlines that seem to provide service simply using AS codeshares.

But I would think there's not enough business in JNU to atract WN (given that they need at least about 8 737s flying out of an airport each day to make it work for them), exactlyh BECAUSE it's a standalone small airport, not an "alternate" small airport that can pull in passengers who drive in from all around.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 8:30 pm

If part of their strategy was to fly real planes from PDX to SEA instead of those Horizon toys it might help them on the ANC route PDX -SEA - ANC hmmmmmm
Old Jul 2, 2006, 9:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bcalsk
If part of their strategy was to fly real planes from PDX to SEA instead of those Horizon toys it might help them on the ANC route PDX -SEA - ANC hmmmmmm
QX doesn't fly to Alaska and AS offers multiple daily non-stops PDX-ANC.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by bcalsk
As a pain in the bum the TSA has made it to travel, about the only way AS/QX can carry O&D pax between PDX and SEA is with frequency, since it's almost quicker to drive then to fly.

If AS scaled back frequencies to a handful of 734s or 73Gs, I bet they'd carry less folks overall then with their current flocks of Q200s.
Old Jul 4, 2006, 2:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by sxf24
QX doesn't fly to Alaska and AS offers multiple daily non-stops PDX-ANC.
Much to my chagrin, PDX-ANC is 1x daily in the winter. I honestly believe the reason they don't do more PDX-ANC is to help supplement the QX shuttle flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.