Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Honolulu service???

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2006, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Location: Danville, CA - "When I read about the evils of DRINKING, I gave up READING.
AS Honolulu service???

Chatting with AS F/A on today's 343 SEA/OAK, she mentioned that they will soon be flying to Honolulu. She was not sure if it was out of SEA or ANC. I did a search for HNL on this forum and did not see a relative topic... if there is one from the past and this has been discussed, my apologies.
Has anybody heard of this and if so, was there a tentative start date?
Old Feb 28, 2006, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by MrPaul0722
Chatting with AS F/A on today's 343 SEA/OAK, she mentioned that they will soon be flying to Honolulu. She was not sure if it was out of SEA or ANC. I did a search for HNL on this forum and did not see a relative topic... if there is one from the past and this has been discussed, my apologies.
Has anybody heard of this and if so, was there a tentative start date?
So far it's just a rumor, but one that has been substantiated by management on numerous occasions just lately. Apparently, the plan is to fly SEA-HNL, SEA-OGG and ANC-HNL. But, as with everything, I'll believe it when I see it.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 8:49 pm

This thread talked about the Hawaii potential. I don't recall OGG mentioned and September was the rumored timeframe.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 9:48 pm

The topic briefly came up at the MVPG luncheon. Ann acknowledged the rumor, but said they can say nothing more than that... while she smiled ear to ear. (hint, hint, nudge, nudge )
Old Feb 28, 2006, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plt, MR Lifetime Plat & Amb
Originally Posted by SPIT
Ann acknowledged the rumor, but said they can say nothing more than that... while she smiled ear to ear. (hint, hint, nudge, nudge )
You must admit, this is a very cool thing for us Golds at SEA, UGs to HHL or OGG and $50 companion tickets! I used to go to HNL 4 or 5 times a year. I can see something close to that happening again when AS goes there.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 11:27 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Nothing would make me happier than SEA to OGG on AS.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 12:03 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
AS service to Hawaii would be awesome. ^

I still have minor issues with flying 6 hours over the Pacific in a 737. Maybe they could buy a 767 and fly it only on Saturdays and Sundays.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 8:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Seems to me like they've done just about everything except officially announce it. It hasn't been a very well kept secret, that's for sure!

It seems to be pretty much a given that ANC-HNL will be one of the routes...I wonder how this will affect the seasonal ANC-OGG flight on NW?
Old Mar 1, 2006, 9:12 pm

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.
Originally Posted by Jeeves
I still have minor issues with flying 6 hours over the Pacific in a 737.
I dunno...I fly 'em from ANC to ORD, ANC to LAX, and SEA to IAD and those are some pretty long flights...
Old Mar 1, 2006, 9:21 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by Jeeves
AS service to Hawaii would be awesome. ^

I still have minor issues with flying 6 hours over the Pacific in a 737. Maybe they could buy a 767 and fly it only on Saturdays and Sundays.
I've flown AQ's 737 from SNA to HNL and it was fine, especially in F.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plt, MR Lifetime Plat & Amb
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
I've flown AQ's 737 from SNA to HNL and it was fine, especially in F.
I've flown AA's 757's from SJC many times and it was fine, in F. Basically the same fuselage.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 4:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Chugach
...I wonder how this will affect the seasonal ANC-OGG flight on NW?
Perhaps prices will drop for NW's ANC-OGG route due to (semi-)competition? Or is that just wishful thinking? I just hope they keep that route. I love the direct flight, something we Alaskans don't seem to get many of, and I'd hate to have to be re-routed through Seattle. Although I guess that would be another 1,300 FF miles each way.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 6:41 am

Would this be one of the reasons for pulling their SEA-IAD flight?
Old Mar 2, 2006, 2:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by AKronin
Perhaps prices will drop for NW's ANC-OGG route due to (semi-)competition? Or is that just wishful thinking? I just hope they keep that route. I love the direct flight, something we Alaskans don't seem to get many of, and I'd hate to have to be re-routed through Seattle. Although I guess that would be another 1,300 FF miles each way.
What might be an interesting idea is to have AS go daily on ANC-HNL, and then have NW route their flight ANC-OGG-KOA-ANC as opposed to the current triangle through Honolulu.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Chugach
What might be an interesting idea is to have AS go daily on ANC-HNL, and then have NW route their flight ANC-OGG-KOA-ANC as opposed to the current triangle through Honolulu.
I'm guessing NW would see more traffic to HNL then OGG...

If ANC-OGG was where the traffic and money were, AS probably would have launched it instead of competing direct against NW.

It is interesting to see AS more...confident...in competing directly with their partners on more and more routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.