Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

SFO Board Room: Finally Being Upgd (closed Oct 17-Nov 17)

Old Sep 30, 2005, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

I'm sitting here on a worn couch in the SFO BR, but am happy to report that this may be my last opportunity to complain about that. They'll be closing from Oct 17 to Nov 17 to remodel - finally! Word is free WiFi will be installed, along with new furniture, carpets, etc.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 10:46 pm
kjl

Programs: DL Gold AS MVP BA Blue
Originally Posted by Coffee
I'm sitting here on a worn couch in the SFO BR, but am happy to report that this may be my last opportunity to complain about that. They'll be closing from Oct 17 to Nov 17 to remodel - finally! Word is free WiFi will be installed, along with new furniture, carpets, etc.
Thank you for reporting that. I'm looking forward to the new renovated facility.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 8:15 am

I understood it to be that the SFO facility has not been upgraded (until now) because there were some ongoing discussions about moving our operations at SFO entirely over to the International Terminal but that move was ultimately deemed to be cost prohibitive.

Since that issue has been settled, AS is going ahead with long needed upgrades to the SFO BR.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The issue had been settled some time ago, and STILL, it took a long time for this to happen. This has been a joke for several years, with promises of imminent help coming for just as long. However, post-int'l terminal move promises have also been coming for some time.

Any reciprocal lounge privileges contracted during this time? When CO was closed, CO paid AS for lounge use.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 3:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Hallelujah!

This BR was definitely the ugly duckling of them all.

Now if only LAX would get a bit more un-TWAed. ^
Old Oct 1, 2005, 7:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, UA Premier 1K, TAP Silver, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K

Any reciprocal lounge privileges contracted during this time? When CO was closed, CO paid AS for lounge use.

The SFO PC is closed? The NW WC (dom) closed and WC members use the PC now. AS has a recent new agreement where BR members can use any CO PC.

Or have I missed something?
Old Oct 1, 2005, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nobbi
The SFO PC is closed? The NW WC (dom) closed and WC members use the PC now. AS has a recent new agreement where BR members can use any CO PC.

Or have I missed something?
You have missed the past tense.
Old Oct 2, 2005, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Last time I was in there the SFO BR looked like a frat house recreation room at Orangutan State College: shabby, threadbare furniture strewn with garbage and an ancient, listing, ghosty TV set. It's an embarrassment to the airline. I'm glad it's getting attention.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K

There is already reciprocal access for CO and AS, so nothing new needs to be put in place.

Just remember to visit CO before "security."
Old Oct 3, 2005, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by channa
There is already reciprocal access for CO and AS, so nothing new needs to be put in place.

Just remember to visit CO before "security."
Ah yes I see - I hadn't noticed there was no restriction that you had to be flying CO (either AS or CO is ok, per the website), unlike the other partners.

Board Room members traveling on Continental Airlines or Alaska Airlines have access to 18 domestic and four international Continental Presidents Club locations for the same day that they hold a ticket for travel on Continental or Alaska Airlines.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 7:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BearX220
Last time I was in there the SFO BR looked like a frat house recreation room at Orangutan State College: shabby, threadbare furniture strewn with garbage and an ancient, listing, ghosty TV set. It's an embarrassment to the airline. I'm glad it's getting attention.
Hey BearX220,

That is a great description!

You have captured the moment.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bump.

I called them today and they said they're open for business. I'll be there tomorrow, but was wondering if anyone had a report?
Old Nov 19, 2005, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm writing from the newly renovated SFO BR, and it's very sharp!

New leather furniture, funky wood tables, new paint and carpet, it's great. It's not the same motif as the SEA BR (stone and fireplace), it's more of a modern feel.

They have a plasma TV to watch, and a plasma departure board (a la Anchorage). The old wood paneling is still there along one side, but it's not too bad.

Overall they did a nice job with the place! ^
Old Nov 19, 2005, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
That's great to hear. Thanks for the news!
Old Nov 19, 2005, 1:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, UA Premier 1K, TAP Silver, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by channa
I'm writing from the newly renovated SFO BR, and it's very sharp!

New leather furniture, funky wood tables, new paint and carpet, it's great. It's not the same motif as the SEA BR (stone and fireplace), it's more of a modern feel.

They have a plasma TV to watch, and a plasma departure board (a la Anchorage). The old wood paneling is still there along one side, but it's not too bad.

Overall they did a nice job with the place! ^
So, do they have free wifi now (or were you using the tmobile signal)?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.