Old Sep 28, 2005, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, HH Silver VIP, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
Thumbs up Mmmmmmmmmm....Alaskan Amber

Too bad it ain't free like on Horizon!

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050928/sfw098.html?.v=23

Alaska Airlines Will Serve Alaskan Amber On Flights
Wednesday September 28, 2:03 pm ET

ANCHORAGE, Alaska, Sept. 28 /PRNewswire/ -- Alaska Airlines customers will soon be able to enjoy a craft beer produced in the state of Alaska on board flights and in the airline's Board Room airport lounges.

Starting Oct. 1, Alaska Airlines will serve Alaskan Brewing Company's award-winning Alaskan Amber complimentary in first class and for $5 in the main cabin. Passengers also will be able to sample some of Alaskan Brewing Company's seasonal ales throughout the year.

"We're proud to have selected a quality beer company from our namesake state," said Tom Romary, Alaska Airlines' vice president of marketing. "We look forward to sharing this Alaska-produced product with passengers throughout our route system from as far south as Mexico and as far east as Boston."

Alaskan Brewing was the most award-winning small brewery in the country at the 2004 Great American Beer Festival. In addition, Alaskan Amber is among the fastest-growing craft beer brands in the nation, according to industry expert Information Resources Inc. in Chicago.

"Separately, Alaska Airlines and Alaskan Brewing are Alaska-born companies that are among the brightest success stories in their industries. We credit that to the customers who have built and expanded the horizons of each," said Fred Hees, Alaskan Amber sales and marketing director. "Starting next week, the two of us will join forces to deliver a taste of the Alaska experience on every flight."

Founded in 1986, the Juneau-based Alaskan Brewing Company is distributed throughout Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, California, Nevada and Arizona. In addition to Alaskan Amber, the company produces Pale, ESB and Stout year-round in addition to a distinguished line of seasonal beers. Visit www.alaskanbeer.com for further information.

Alaska Airlines and sister carrier, Horizon Air, together serve 88 cities through an expansive network throughout Alaska, the Lower 48, Canada and Mexico. For reservations visit alaskaair.com. For more news and information, visit the Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air newsroom at http://newsroom.alaskaair.com.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 1:05 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by ptpinit
Too bad it ain't free like on Horizon!

Starting Oct. 1, Alaska Airlines will serve Alaskan Brewing Company's award-winning Alaskan Amber complimentary in first class and for $5 in the main cabin.
ptpinit-

You have got to get outta the back of the bus!!

Junkie-
Old Sep 28, 2005, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, HH Silver VIP, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
(note AS status)

Originally Posted by Junkie
ptpinit-

You have got to get outta the back of the bus!!

Junkie-
Old Sep 28, 2005, 4:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond
Wonder if Horizon will be serving Alaskan Amber at some point as well?
Old Sep 28, 2005, 4:13 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Starwood Gold
I like the Alaskan Amber addition.

There is a down side though. I was on an EWR-SEA flight last week when the flight attendent told of the Alaska Amber change but also said the Amstel Light and McTarnahan's were being replaced by Bud Light and ????. [I can't remember the other choice, but it was not something I would usually chose] One step in the right direction and maybe two backwards.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 5:59 pm

Budweiser and Coors Light. Budweiser IS a beer that we heard A LOT of feedback on when we removed it several years ago. MANY people, especially those up in Alaska, were upset that we chose to stop carrying it. Coors Light, on the other hand, I don't know what they were thinking. Hopefully people will be so happy about the Alaska Amber Ale that they won't care about the Coors Light.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 6:45 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
Budweiser and Coors Light. Budweiser IS a beer that we heard A LOT of feedback on when we removed it several years ago. MANY people, especially those up in Alaska, were upset that we chose to stop carrying it. Coors Light, on the other hand, I don't know what they were thinking. Hopefully people will be so happy about the Alaska Amber Ale that they won't care about the Coors Light.
Coors Light is the BEST domestic beer HANDS DOWN. imho

Junkie-
Old Sep 28, 2005, 10:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle, HH Silver
Don't let them take my McTarnahan's!

This reminds me, I should take the tour at the Alaskan Brewery. Mmm... beer.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by Junkie
Coors Light is the BEST domestic beer HANDS DOWN. imho

Junkie-

I'm glad to hear that. I can't say I've ever had a Coors Light, to be honest, and I don't usually see them in restaurants or bars so I just had an idea that Coors was rather low quality or not very popular. I hope that people do like it.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 10:34 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Oooooh! One of my favorite beers. Looks like I need to start booking AS between IAD and SEA
Old Sep 30, 2005, 9:22 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
So will the new line up of Alaskan Amber, Budweiser, and Coors Light completely replace the current line up of Heineken, Amstel Light, and McTarnahan's?

Is it correct that they currently don't offer a mainstream domestic beer?

Here I am thinking about beer at 8:20 in the morning. It must be Friday.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 7:48 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Oooooh! One of my favorite beers. Looks like I need to start booking AS between IAD and SEA
Especially since AS flights will be the only place to get any of Alaskan's beers east of the Mississippi.

Now if they start offering Alaskan Smoked Porter onboard I'll be flying mileage runs every weekend. (During Smoked Porter's sales season I've been known to bring an empty and foldable bag on west coast trips, then fill that with dirty clothes on the way back and check it so I can stock my carryon with as much Smoked Porter as it will hold.)
Old Oct 7, 2005, 10:55 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by greggwiggins
Especially since AS flights will be the only place to get any of Alaskan's beers east of the Mississippi.

Now if they start offering Alaskan Smoked Porter onboard I'll be flying mileage runs every weekend. (During Smoked Porter's sales season I've been known to bring an empty and foldable bag on west coast trips, then fill that with dirty clothes on the way back and check it so I can stock my carryon with as much Smoked Porter as it will hold.)

I don't know when smoked porter season is, but I'm heading to your neck of the woods in a couple weeks... I'd be happy to tote some out for you.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 1:53 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Porter just bottled

This from an Alaskan Brewing e-newsletter I just received:

"Another reason to celebrate is that Alaskan remains the most award-winning craft brewery in the country at the Great American Beer Festival with a total of 33 awards. In addition, our Alaskan Smoked Porter is THE most award-winning beer at the festival, bar none, with 14 medals! And good news is we just bottled the 2005 vintage year of the Alaskan Smoked Porter so you’ll be able to enjoy that when it debuts on shelves in November. Thanks to all of our fans, our crew, our investors and distributors for always believing in us and being so supportive. We will hit over 100,000 barrels this year for the first time and it is due to all of you that we are at this point...a far cry from our 1,500 barrels we brewed way back in 1987!"
Old Oct 7, 2005, 9:45 pm

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
Alaskan Amber is one of my most favorite beer, and I just had one on my way down to OAK this Wednesday, thanks for the U upgrade.

BW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.