Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Standby for co-terminals

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2005, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Standby for co-terminals

I would like to throw this question out there who could answer or has experience. I am planning a 1 way trip from SEA-to San Francisco (SFO) in a couple of weeks. I was looking at airfares for 1-way fares the prices are $146 for SFO. Then I priced OAK it was $79 much cheaper. I realize its cheaper because of the "Southwest effect." I prefer to fly into SFO. I am not a AS flyer so I was hoping they allow standby travel for co-terminals. I usually fly HP and they allow standby for co-terminals (excluding SNA) so I was not sure about AS standby policy. I tried to find this info on their website but I could not find it.
Old Sep 24, 2005, 11:33 am

Programs: NW Best Western Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by skyfly
I would like to throw this question out there who could answer or has experience. I am planning a 1 way trip from SEA-to San Francisco (SFO) in a couple of weeks. I was looking at airfares for 1-way fares the prices are $146 for SFO. Then I priced OAK it was $79 much cheaper. I realize its cheaper because of the "Southwest effect." I prefer to fly into SFO. I am not a AS flyer so I was hoping they allow standby travel for co-terminals. I usually fly HP and they allow standby for co-terminals (excluding SNA) so I was not sure about AS standby policy. I tried to find this info on their website but I could not find it.

I believe you would be expected to pay the difference in fare but there would be no "fee" to standy by out of SF....to them this constitutes standing by "for free" because there's no $50 fee but of course if they notice the fare difference you'd be asked to pay it.....if you call Reservations they can give you this information.

Good luck!

V
Old Sep 24, 2005, 11:36 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
IIRC co-terminal standby is only offered if the same fare basis and price is available.

examples

If both SEA-SFO and SEA-OAK have Qa7n fares for 79.00 OW --->Standby ^

If SEA-SFO both have Qa7n fares but SFO is $119 and OAK is $79 ---> Standby ^ BUT you have to pay the fare difference.

If SEA-SFO is a Va14N for $119 and SEA-OAK is Qa7n for $79 ---> Standby ... you would have to pay the change fee and any fare difference up to applicable walkup fare to SFO

If I'm not recalling correctly then I'll let you know Monday
Old Sep 24, 2005, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
To add to that, in irregular ops, anything goes.

If SEA-OAK is massively delayed, they'll let you go SEA-SFO.

Or if they're oversold, and you get bumped SEA-OAK, you can negotiate a nearby alternative like SFO or SJC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.