Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why not SLC?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2005, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Chugach
I remember hearing rumblings that when the AS/DL codeshare started, it might mean the end of year-round DL service in ANC. Fortunately for us, that never happened. DL must do pretty well in ANC, since they run a 763 up here through most of the winter alongside a 757.

I also remember hearing rumors that AS had leased gate space at SLC in anticipation of starting service. Don't know what became of that. However, I would suspect that if DL reduces service to SEA or ANC, or even PDX, in the wake of bankruptcy that AS/QX might try and fill the gap, similar to DFW. SLC would seem like a pretty natural addition to the current AS route system, especially with Park City nearby.
It is a natural, and I would LOVE to see it happen!
Old Sep 16, 2005, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
[QUOTE=Chugach]I remember hearing rumblings that when the AS/DL codeshare started, it might mean the end of year-round DL service in ANC. Fortunately for us, that never happened. DL must do pretty well in ANC, since they run a 763 up here through most of the winter alongside a 757.
[QUOTE]

Well, DL seems to have a lot of widebody aircraft on its hands. They have to fly them somewhere! Given that they just filed bankruptcy, I bet many of these aircraft will be returned to the lessor.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 1:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by formeraa

Well, DL seems to have a lot of widebody aircraft on its hands. They have to fly them somewhere! Given that they just filed bankruptcy, I bet many of these aircraft will be returned to the lessor.
I would agree with that, although there are plenty of other destinations in DL's network, both domestic and international, that deserve 763 service. So there must be a good reason for them to send one up through the off season. Especially since the 738 can easily do SLC-ANC (it did SLC-FAI this summer). I usually check DL's fares when I am flying somewhere beyond the west coast, and judging from the seat maps they do pretty well in Anchorage.

On further reflection, I think AS might even be more likely to do ANC-SLC as opposed to SEA or PDX-SLC due to the lack of low fare competition, if Delta does reduce capacity to Anchorage as a result of bankruptcy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.