F/C award tkt boardroom access

Old Aug 12, 05, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
F/C award tkt boardroom access

I know this has been discussed here before and I would just like to get an update since we are flying out of LAX soon on our first Alaska flt. We are a party of 4 with one person having a paid F/c seat and the other 3 have F/C award tkts. Will the LA club and/or the ANC club admit us? Thanks.
Old Aug 12, 05, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Jac747
I know this has been discussed here before and I would just like to get an update since we are flying out of LAX soon on our first Alaska flt. We are a party of 4 with one person having a paid F/c seat and the other 3 have F/C award tkts. Will the LA club and/or the ANC club admit us? Thanks.
I think they will admith the paid F ticket with one guest, but not the others. Award tickets do no qualify for Board Room access. Others may know better, this is just what I've read on these boards.
Old Aug 12, 05, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
I think they will admith the paid F ticket with one guest, but not the others. Award tickets do no qualify for Board Room access. Others may know better, this is just what I've read on these boards.
I believe you get Board Room access on Peak award tickets, as those book into F (rather than A). No access on Saver award tickets.
Old Aug 12, 05, 7:34 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum; Marriot Rewards Silver; Alaska Air Miles
I had a peak award F ticket out of YVR in June and had to shell out the $30 for boardroom access so I think all award tickets are out for it (unless it's just a YVR thing).
Old Aug 12, 05, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
$30? I thought it was $25?
Old Aug 13, 05, 12:13 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Gold - Hertz PC - BW Diamond - IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gleff
$30? I thought it was $25?
Im thinking its $30 Canadian Dollars.....
Old Aug 14, 05, 9:59 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum; Marriot Rewards Silver; Alaska Air Miles
Originally Posted by Junkie
Im thinking its $30 Canadian Dollars.....
Yup, to bad for that 2 drink limit
Old Aug 15, 05, 9:01 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Originally Posted by BCMike
Yup, to bad for that 2 drink limit
I have never seen the 2 drink limit enforced at a Boardroom.
Old Aug 15, 05, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I had paid for a F/C transcon a few weeks back. However, they close early on Saturdays, so was told I was out-of-luck when I called to see if there was other access for AS redeye pax (Delta CRC, etc.). That kinda hurt.
Old Aug 15, 05, 10:36 am
Original Poster

We are both CRC members but I didn't think that would get us access to the Boardroom-hopefully I'm mistaken?
Old Aug 15, 05, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Jac747
We are both CRC members but I didn't think that would get us access to the Boardroom-hopefully I'm mistaken?
Actually I think that if you're on AS, the CRC membership will get you into the boardroom.

Unfortunately, if you're on DL, as I understand it, you can't get into the Boardroom. Now that PDX is putting in a way to get between terminals without going outside security, I'm thinking about joining the Boardroom so I can use it when flying DL etc.

Does AS insist that you be on AS to use the Boardroom if you have an actual BR membership? Are there any cheap ways to get a BR membership? What is the deal with the 2 drink max? Is the wine any good? Thanks
Old Aug 15, 05, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PIONEER
Does AS insist that you be on AS to use the Boardroom if you have an actual BR membership?
No.

Are there any cheap ways to get a BR membership?
No.

What is the deal with the 2 drink max?
I've never seen it enforced.

Is the wine any good?
No.
Old Aug 15, 05, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

I just called the BR at LAX and was told that as CRC members, we will be admitted and can each bring a guest. Hopefully, the person working tomorrow a.m. will say the same!
Old Aug 15, 05, 7:30 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG75K, AA, DL, HH-G
I think that it's supposed to be a three drink limit, at least in ANC from what I was told. They are lax on this from what I've seen, especially if you have a long layover. Never, ever had it enforced on me.
Old Aug 16, 05, 7:24 am

Smile

Thanks all for the answers. especially rjque's concise answer to the wine question.

Search this Thread