food service as

Old Aug 6, 05, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Smile food service as

My family and I will be flying with As for the first time this Thursday. We are
flying first class from dca to sea @9a.m. It is a breakfeast flight. Can anyone tell me what they will be serving? Do we need to take additonal food?

In addiion we will be flying anc to sea first class on 8/21 @ 7a.m. and on 8/25 sea to iad at 11p.m. Can some one answer same questions re. food for these flights?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Aug 6, 05, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
We should probably start something similar to my "Let's Eat!" thread on the UA forum where folks can list what they have on certain flights to make it easier for folks to find, since it is a very common question.

For SEA-LAX I had a slice of warmed Mexican egg custard with a strawberry and two pineapple chunks. So expect something like that for ANC-SEA, though such a flight is about 500 miles more in length so AS might offer more, since UA probably offer a full breakfast on their flight.

SEA-IAD will probably be a full breakfast going out and a very light snack coming back, based on what UA offers on this route (UA seems to match what AS offers when it comes to F meals on routes they compete head-to-head).
Old Aug 6, 05, 11:12 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by jmj9905
My family and I will be flying with As for the first time this Thursday. We are
flying first class from dca to sea @9a.m. It is a breakfeast flight. Can anyone tell me what they will be serving? Do we need to take additonal food?

In addiion we will be flying anc to sea first class on 8/21 @ 7a.m. and on 8/25 sea to iad at 11p.m. Can some one answer same questions re. food for these flights?

Thanks in advance for your help!
I flew the DCA-SEA-ANC routing two weeks ago. The breakfast service on DCA-SEA was a two-course affair, fruit and then a frittata. Whether or not you'll need additional food.....is a matter of personal choice. I was OK without it. ANC-SEA you'll probably get fruit and an omelette.
Old Aug 6, 05, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick responses! I think we'll be o.k.
jmj9905
Old Aug 6, 05, 5:00 pm

Ok, let's see. Providing they aren't changing the menu before you fly, this is what you will get:

DCA-SEA - To begin, a fruit plate and warmed cinnamon scone. Followed by a choice of a western omelette with cheddar and ham, breakfast potatoes and a bell pepper confit OR a southwestern chipotle frittata with breakfast sausage and a bell pepper confit. prior to arrival, warm mixed nuts.

ANC-SEA - southwestern chipotle frittata with fresh fruit on the side.

SEA-IAD - Jalapeno dip with garlic toasted bread rounds after departure. Prior to arrival a warmed cinammon scone and small portion of fresh fruit.

Basically, not a whole lot of variety. The frittata is decent but nothing to write home about. Bring some salsa to spice it up. You can also check to see if they have any of the breakfast sandwiches left in coach if you tire of the frittata. On the whole I think you get a decent amount of food for the length of the flights and probably won't need to bring anything on.
Old Aug 6, 05, 8:18 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt, BonWhut?
Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger

For SEA-LAX I had a slice of warmed Mexican egg custard with a strawberry and two pineapple chunks. So expect something like that for ANC-SEA, though such a flight is about 500 miles more in length so AS might offer more, since UA probably offer a full breakfast on their flight.
Was this not the wierdest thing you have seen of late? It was seriously the size of a portable dvd player and tasted like one. Bland, no sign of anything but an egg like substance and tepid.

I have become quite the fan of the cheese blintzes that you get san-sea once you scrape off the fruit sauce. Filling, tasty and served with one sausage link. Just the right size for moi.

However, food is a good thing to pass the time away and the pacific marketplace makes dreading airport food a thing of the past in SEA.

One thing about the IAD-SEA flight, you are basically getting the same thing going and coming. Some scone like thing, omelette and fruit. About 4 hours in they bring you a plastic thing of nuts. Get something at starbucks if you think you'll be peckish.

lala
Old Aug 6, 05, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by lalala
Was this not the wierdest thing you have seen of late? It was seriously the size of a portable dvd player and tasted like one. Bland, no sign of anything but an egg like substance and tepid.
I thought it was a quiche at first, myself. And yes, it was rather bland.

I have become quite the fan of the cheese blintzes that you get san-sea once you scrape off the fruit sauce. Filling, tasty and served with one sausage link. Just the right size for moi.
Now that would have been great. I still have fond memories of the cheese blintzes UA used to serve in Business on the morning ORD-SEA 777.
Old Aug 7, 05, 11:13 pm

don't care for the blintzes at all...

You guys liked those blintzes??? I just flew SAN-SEA (a week ago) and we were served those cheese blintzes. Maybe they would have been better with a different cheese filling. I remember having them on AS ages ago as a *side dish* with whatever egg course I was being offered (and they had a fruit filling rather than fruit garnish on top). I scraped off the topping too, but I still found them to be oddly sweet-tasting. The problem is why not give a choice. I'd have gladly had cereal and milk if offered over the blintz. I know, I know, we should feel fortunate we were offered anything...
Old Aug 9, 05, 9:24 am

Programs: Alaska Gold, United Premier Select, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred Select
Since this seems to be more of a Food chain post now...

CAN I PLEASE GET SOMETHING OTHER THAN POULTRY IN FIRST CLASS!!!

I am allergic to poultry, and in Alaska's infinite wisdom, you cannot order special diet dishes any longer.

Oh ya, please change the Digi-Player movies. I love Drew Barrymore, but I've seen the movie (and the other 8) at least 3 times now.
Old Aug 9, 05, 10:31 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Gold - Hertz PC - BW Diamond - IHG Plat
Only in America.........

Originally Posted by dawgzn99
I am allergic to poultry.
(

Reminds me of Chris Rock's comedy thing about Food Allergies. Ya think anybody in Ruwanda or Niger is "ALLERGIC TO POULTRY" ?

Last edited by flyupfrnt; Aug 9, 05 at 10:43 am

Search this Thread