FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   HELP from Gold MVP please! - 28 July LAX (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/456469-help-gold-mvp-please-28-july-lax.html)

mtacchi Jul 26, 2005 2:09 pm

HELP from Gold MVP please! - 28 July LAX

Hello,

I have a family member transiting LAX from Greece this weekend. First time in North America.He is then connectin on AS to SEA. I have already secured his upgrade with a Gold MVP I have. I desperately need someone to fedex it to that can meet him and hand it to him (he is there for 5 hours) , however should the upgrade not arrive I would like a back up of being able to borrow one till Fedex finds your house.

Willing to offer something nice in return.
email direct at [email protected]

He is travelling 28 July AS 279.

missydarlin Jul 26, 2005 2:39 pm

if he's going to be there for 5 hours anyway, you can use airline counter to counter service and he can pick it up when he gets there.

mtacchi Jul 26, 2005 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by missydarlin
if he's going to be there for 5 hours anyway, you can use airline counter to counter service and he can pick it up when he gets there.

That would work. I emailed you too, but thanks for the suggestion. Would you know how much from YVR-LAX Envelope counter to counter?

missydarlin Jul 26, 2005 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by mtacchi
That would work. I emailed you too, but thanks for the suggestion. Would you know how much from YVR-LAX Envelope counter to counter?

actually..we don't have counter service out of Canada. You can try airfreight. 604 821 1806

channa Jul 26, 2005 4:15 pm

Couldn't you just go to your AS ticket counter and surrender the cert, and have your friend's record noted?

mtacchi Jul 26, 2005 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by channa
Couldn't you just go to your AS ticket counter and surrender the cert, and have your friend's record noted?

That is what I want to do, AS doesn't like that plan

BLI-Flyer Jul 27, 2005 8:08 am

I wonder if you called the Board Room at LAX if they'd be willing to do that. They've been very accommodating for special requests I've made in the past. If your friend is going to be at LAX for 5 hours, you might want to get him a day pass, it would definitely be worth it.

Dudemon Jul 27, 2005 9:29 am

If you want a day pass I can give you one. Just let me know.

mtacchi Jul 27, 2005 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Dudemon
If you want a day pass I can give you one. Just let me know.

Very kind offer, but again it is the issue of getting it him in LA. If no one is around I am going to try the counter option but I a reasonably sure that once send it from YVR it will NOT make it to the LAX counter.

Fingers crossed someone will step forward in LA.

channa Jul 27, 2005 10:37 am

Originally Posted by mtacchi
That is what I want to do, AS doesn't like that plan

There's a difference between calling and asking, and showing up and doing.

Polite, yet assertive, should get the job done. ;)